Sunday, September 4, 2011

Potential Futures

My game-play’s been pretty sporadic.  My sleep schedule’s kind of on the blink, and I’ve been honestly pretty apathetic about the game.  I got Magic the Gathering 2012 from Steam and have been learning that.  And by ‘learning’, I mean the computer opponent in the Campaign mode is curbstomping the holy FUCK out of me.  Christ.
Anyway, I’ve done some raiding and TF’ing, and only a little bit of RP.  Hold on a sec, I need to bring up my character select screen so I can remember what the hell I did.
Ok, there.
Blaster Jack has done some raiding, but still no real progress on getting tier 4 on Interface or Lore.  I’ve decided to respec him at some point to pull out the few damage purples he has slotted.  He doesn’t need them, and they’ll do more good if I sell them for mad bling.  Dom Jack knocked out a couple missions for Dark Watcher.  Unfortunately, it seems I need to complete his arc before he can get to beating up Praetorian AV’s for the Portal Jockey accolade. 
Tommy did a Lambda and an ITF lately.  He’s also done a bit of RP, both with Mel and the TI people.  I’m going to take a moment here to gloat.  You don’t like it?  Skip to the next paragraph.  Problem solved.  He was such a huge help on the ITF last night.  That guy makes whatever team he’s on so much better.  In Tommy, think I might have that toon I wanted for the longest time.  The guy that when he shows up to team, everyone kind of relaxes because they know their chance of success just went way up.  He’s a difference-maker. :P
Erik is currently unraveling the plot behind Jason Smith’s expedition in Nerva.   The story’s coming along slowly, and no action has happened yet, but I like it so far.  It’s a different kind of story from me.  It’s a ‘what’s REALLY going on?’ kind of tale, and I couldn’t have picked a better title.
Dealer Frost is hacking away at all the magic contact arcs in Sharkhead.  I’m struggling a bit because he’s SO squishy right now, though.  He’s getting there but it’s no cakewalk.
Caden’s finally hit 44 and picked up Laser Beam Eyes.  It doesn’t do a LOT of damage out of the box, but it’s still fun to throw out every now and then.
All right, now to a part of this post that might make people worried or upset.  Or not.  Hell, I don’t know.  Back when Mark, P, and I left Havens, and went through a phase where RL kept them out of the game, I contemplated walking away from City of Heroes.  I went so far as to figure out the end of each of my characters’ stories.  Well, I’ve updated the list, and will share it now.  Think of it as a series of alternate future stories if you like.  These are what I think COULD happen, not what WILL.
Jack would eventually resign from Vanguard, and start teaching young mutants to use/control their powers full time.  He’d eventually set up an organization that GIFT could funnel new, young mutants into for training (a la X-Men), thus saving GIFT a lot of money and time.  I don’t see him and Jenna staying together, but I think they’d part as friends.
Tommy would eventually grow enough in power that the Five Families of NYC would take notice, and view him as a threat.  He’d force a stalemate, but suddenly, he’d disappear one day, never to be seen again.  It’d be widely believed that the Families finally got the better of him, and he was rotting in a landfill somewhere.  Though, there are those who believe he merely decided to take his money and finally retire to a quiet, secluded villa in Tuscany.  No one’s 100% certain.
Erik would finally free himself of Loraan, and get the Mu off his trail.  He’d keep at what he does best (infiltration and safecracking) and become a legend in his own right.  He’d be known as ‘the man who could get into any place’.  I’m thinking that, as he grows older, he’ll take an apprentice, and eventually get killed by someone from his past.
Tenma is a bit trickier.  I think someday he’d find the Mizuchi, and decide that it was too dangerous to be left in the world.  He’d travel to the Shadowlands and deposit the amulet at the top of a mountain, hidden in a cave.  If he survived the journey, he’d return to our world and probably wander for the rest of his life, getting into and out of trouble.  I really don’t know if Kodachi would want to go with him, but I think he might want her to build her own life and find happiness, not wanting her to share his dark, lonely road.
Lue would either build a magic academy all his own, or take over SCC from Ritha.  In either case, he would make it the arcane equivalent of Jack’s organization, except that he’d be dealing with MAGI, the Midnighters, and the Legacy Chain.  He’d remain a cold, solitary figure, distant from most people.  He’d likely remain single for the rest of his life, married and devoted to his work.
Mindlord will be incarcerated in the ‘Pit’, the deepest, darkest section of the Behavior Adjustment Facility.  I think he’d slowly go utterly mad, and eventually be killed trying to escape.
Tesla would set up a metahuman cage fighting league in Sharkhead.
Dealer Frost would continue to run his store as always, ever alert for a good deal.
Primalis would eventually learn the truth about himself and go through a very dark period. 
Crescent Scorpion would continue to be a mercenary until finally being killed in battle by a metahuman hero.  He’d put up one HELL of a fight, though.
Priest would retire and return to Falls Church, Virginia to become the local pastor. 
Caden would finally master his technomantic and technopathic powers and learn to create new Tech.  He’d take on young technological heroes and found his own Order…called the Re-Builders.  They’d use their abilities to actually do some good and undo some of what Gabriel’s machinations had caused.
Itsuhara would slowly work towards becoming a Praetor, offering his allegiance to whichever Praetor could best use him, and best help him.
Root Locus would probably join Caden’s group.
Cao Jian would fight in Tesla’s metahuman league, and enjoy fighting for the sake of the fight.
Anyone else (Ebon, Azure, Button Man) is so new and undefined, I couldn’t say.

No comments:

Post a Comment