Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I Can't Think Of A Clever Title.

I’m still thinking I may not continue this blog, but I did have a few things to toss out if anyone still a) reads this and b) cares.

First off, Primalis hit 50.  I never really expected this day to come, but I’m happy.  I got him all IO’d out, and am a bit curious to see just how much of a wallop he packs now.  I tossed up a story for him on the ZF boards, and I’ll port it over here later.  It’s not much, but it got me thinking.  I realize now the facet of myself that Primalis takes his inspiration from.

I don’t know much about my own family, or my history.  I’m (allegedly) American Indian/Welsh/Irish/Italian, so I have no strong cultural identity or roots.  (My family barely recognizes any race other than ‘white’. WHOLE other story there.)  I have no religious affiliation.  My parents sent me to Catholic schools but that was just for the higher education and the lower chance of me getting my ass kicked in school.  It still happened, they just paid more for it.  :P

My family never talked much about where we came from, or any family outside immediate relations.  All of my childhood pictures were either destroyed in a basement flood, or are in custody of my sister, who hates me so much that she wouldn’t give me those pictures if I asked.  Assuming she didn’t burn them herself.  WHOOOOOLE other story there.

I suck at socializing.  I have a hard time connecting with other people, but I can still find empathy for them, which is weird.  I like weird things.  The playlist on my phone/MP3 player ranges from Shostakovich to Faith No More to Tori Amos to Slipknot to Joe Satriani to Apocalyptica and everything in between.  I even have video game tracks and covers I ripped from YouTube.  I have a FANTASTIC piano cover of ‘The Patient’ by Tool.  My philosophies on a lot of things are strange. 

Basically, I’ve always felt kind of out of step with the world around me. Like, I know it’s there, and can interact with it when I have to, but I’ve never really felt like I fit in anywhere.  People make me uncomfortable.  I always feel like an outsider.  So does Primalis.  Neither of us really ‘belong’.  But instead of looking for pity, we just shrug and keep doing our own thing, ignoring the constant sense of being on the outside looking in.  After all, I feel like it’s better to be yourself, by yourself…than become someone else to fit in.

Maybe I should do a full-blown character analysis of him someday.  Anyway, moving on.

Jack finally got the VR he needed for his tier 4 Lore thingy.  Only took FOREVER.  That just leaves one VR to finish his T4 Interface.  He also got on a VERY successful TPN trial and his badge title now proudly reads ‘Tonight’s Top Story’.  A bit much, but it makes me lol.

Jack’s also been treated to a few odd VKD occurrences.  First, Eric brought in Stefan’s werewolf toon.  Y’know, because Eric’s a shifter.  He explained the situation to Jack (who really doesn’t give a shit at this point) and offered to help Ethan (the toon) cope with his new powers. Y’know, because Eric’s a shifter.  Jack also suggested Kal help Ethan learn to protect himself, and Eric agreed, citing that he’d also help with what would undoubtedly be a more feral fighting style.  Y’know, because Eric’s a shifter.

Side note:  Jack was introduced to the toon originally by Ethan howling over the SG comm.  Jack replied with, “….Werewolves of London?”  Jack’s such a smartass sometimes.

Now, Ben Drake…remember him? Technopath with a 301 IQ?  *coughbullshitcough*  Caden got on to try and cheer him up.  Why he was depressed, I have no idea, but whatever.  Caden tried to suggest things that Ben could do to socialize w/o involving technology.  Things that didn’t involve dating.  Eventually, Caden suggested they take staff fighting lessons together.  *shrugs* I dunno, it’s what my brain came up with. 

Last one, and this hurts my brain to even type.  So, apparently Patrick and Riely had a son in the future, who came back in time to warn them about a future threat about 20 years from present day.  Involving crossbred Rikti/Circle of Thorns hybrids.

*head explodes*

At this point, Jack turned to his player and asked, “What kind of goddamn freakshow have you got me running, anyway?”  I didn’t have an answer.  Seriously, this plot didn’t even make sense when I did it with Anwen/Caden.  God, I hate time travel plots.  HATE. THEM.  And yet I love Doctor Who.  Go figure.  Anyway, since this is more likely to be a vehicle to introduce a new toon than it is an actual plot we have to deal with, I suppose it’s not the end of the world. 

Caden’s TW alt may not be a permanent thing.  If the devs fix Energy Melee, then I really have no reason to keep him.  I gave some thought to rolling an energy/energy blaster alt or something, but eh.  Elec^3 might be fun, but then he’s Erik all over again. 

Root Locus has seen an increase in activity, running tips/mishes with ZF.  He plays a bit differently than I thought.  His Cockney side is coming across a bit more rough than I originally envisioned, but everyone seems to enjoy him well enough.  He’s doing ok, but his end management is awful.

Cao Jian has been deleted.  I might reroll him someday, but don’t hold your breath.

Mindlord is now officially, and finally, dead.  He’s out of the Mind’s Eye VG, and has been renamed to Tommy’s alt Don Cortex.  He’s now in the Kingsmen.

Speaking of Tommy, Andy and I are collaborating on a funny little tale of Tommy and Ash Leopard’s unbelievably wild New Years’ Eve. 

Erik’s arc is coming together in my head nicely, but I worry that I won’t be able to convey in game what I’m envisioning.  Erik’s arcs and stories always want to include a sense of intrigue, and be a bit complicated.  Odd.

Chain Viper is STILL a non-entity in TI.  It’s starting to piss me off.  I have to play Tommy or Erik because other officers want to alt.  That’s what I get for being the one officer Andy can actually depend on.  Goddamnit.

Composer has been name-changed to Mr. Dirge.  Everything else remains the same…for now.

Frost is pushing to hit 35 this week so I can do the ITF, it being this week’s WST.  I think he’s just over 34 now.

Ebon Tengu got a new costume, which I personally think is utterly badass.  I’ll post it later.

That's about it, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment