Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fortune Days

(Pandora just kicked out this song, and I fucking love it.  It’s so neat to find a new jam that gets under your skin and won’t let go.)

There have been a lot of little things over the past week or so that make me feel like I should write something, but there isn’t much TO write.  Just little scenes here and there, the occasional TF or set of missions, so on and so forth.  I’d debated not even bothering, but some of the drivel I’ve seen on other blogs makes me feel like I still have something to say.  Even if it isn’t much, I shouldn’t keep it to myself.  So….allons-y, Alonzo!

Blaster Jack unslotted his last remaining purple and unloaded it for a cool 600 million.  Most of that went to Priest to (hopefully) finish out his build.  It’s not like Jack needed it anyway.  He’s plenty powerful as-is.  After the weather started cooperating last night, I ran him through both of the current Signature Arcs.  They’re pretty cool, though a bit too easy to stealth through at times.  I was a little bummed that they didn’t have badges, but the two Hero Merits he got made up for it.  I’m pretty interested to see where they go from here, and who the mysterious, hidden antagonist really is.  Dun dun DUNNNN! :P

Lue…well, I’ve started asking the people who know him best if they saw him more as a fighter or a mage.  So far the unanimous answer has been ‘mage’, which honestly surprises me.  Scrapper Lue predates troller Lue by a good stretch.  I’m going to repurpose one of his incarnations, and at this point, it looks as though it’ll be scrapper Lue.  Most likely, I’ll reboot him as another ex-Tsoo Copper Serpent, only because it’s still the best fit for his powersets.

Tenma nudges at the edge of my consciousness occasionally.  He wants to break off on his own.  I don’t blame him.  He’s been trapped in the forgotten plot about the Mizuchi, and his bond with Kodachi.  Realistically, the story will never progress unless I force it to.  And Kodachi is gone, most likely indefinitely.  Their relationship was invisible to the naked eye, anyway.  I always felt like Kodachi’s player regretted it.  The most action he’s seen in forever is as a foil for Smith, and an unwilling ally of Ritha.  Enough.  He’s my toon.  I’m taking him back.

I think I’m going to delete Crescent Scorpion and Azure Kirin.  I just don’t have the interest necessary to play them.  They were mostly just excuses to play with powerset combinations that were more optimal than my normal fare.   That being said, I’m entertaining rolling a SS/Fire/Mu brute if I can develop a workable concept.  Dammit, I want at least ONE powerhouse toon!!!  You may argue I have them, but I disagree.  The strong toons I have are only strong on defense.  I want someone with sheer stupid brute force.  The kind of guy I can solo +4/x8 crap with.  Raw fucking power.

Praetor Weaver has returned, and is dangling the lure of Praetorian police-type RP.  Will I nibble?  I haven’t decided.  Itsuhara needs something to do, but I want to see how Patrick and Ben do with Weaver, since they’d defected.  It might be a good way of creating some tension.  What if they have to deal with Itsuhara being granted leave to operate in Primal Earth through Precinct 101?  I need to get a hold of Weaver and clarify what he plans on doing with P101.  If anything.  After all, Weaver being a ‘Praetor’ has turned off more than a few RP’ers, with good cause.

Cao Jian bothers me.  I have no idea what to do with him.  And he is not much fun to play.  Dual Blades just doesn’t ‘wow’ me.  It never has.  I can see me deleting him.  Really, he was more of a concept toon than anything.  

Composer is waiting patiently for me to pull the trigger on his ‘resurrection’.  I will, but to what end?  All his enemies and allies are essentially gone.  However, he is safe from deletion.  I still need him.  I need someone to embody that darkest side of myself I don’t like to face.

A common theme with me IC and OOC lately is that I’m starting to give up on pipe dreams and look at the reality of a situation.  It’s time I stopped kidding myself.   Aside from the TI crowd, I am critically short of RP, and spend most of my time alone.  I’ve been waiting and hoping for things that I realize now will never happen.  I’m on my own.  To quote from Stephen King’s magnum opus The Gunslinger, “The world has moved on.”  The old days will never come again.  

Fine.

I’ll just go make some new days.

No comments:

Post a Comment