Thursday, October 27, 2011

Speaking Swahili?

There are only a few developments in game, which I’ll cover. 

First, I’ve cut VKD back to one team night a week, that being Thursdays.  Kal/Eric is cool with it, so I’m calling it good.  As far as VKD plots go, I’m mulling over a new approach.  I’m going to scale back the difficulty and put out stuff I could solo if I had to.  That way, Kal and I can do them, and if anyone shows up, cool.  If not, no biggie.  For the most part, we can do mishes and hero tips, but it might be nice to occasionally slide something different in there.

Skiptracer got on a Dr. Kane Halloween SF with Haika, Low Brow, and Dr. Delaware.  This is kind of like the Black Sabbath lineup in ’97.  OZZY.  TONY IOMMI. GEEZER BUTLER.

….and Mike Bordin?  Not that there’s anything wrong with Mike Bordin.  He was great in Faith No More!  But this is BLACK SABBATH we’re talking about here!

Seriously, they were super cool, and let me tag along.  Skiptracer got a little bit of his personality out there, and kicked some butt.  I need to study the powersets a bit more.  I want to be more tactical, rather than just mash buttons. :P

Dave (Primalis) led the Zenith Force peeps through Epsicon’s AE arc, which was marvelously done IMO. The costumes, the dialogue…it was all really detailed and coherent.  And creepy.  And it was interesting to see a bit more of Dave’s personality come out.  He’s an experienced cop, but still very positive.  We were joined by one of Graff’s toons, Crimson-Ace. 

Graff is awesome, and has the kind of long-time rep I’d like to have.  Where everyone’s all, “Yay, it’s Graff!” whenever he shows up.  I commented on that to Andy, who said I already had that rep with her and most of TI.  I don’t buy it, but it was really sweet of her to say.  Ace was kind of homage to Robin, kind of unsure of himself but earnest.  A lot like Caden.  Dave was very supportive, when he wasn’t faceplanting.   He’s so squishy!

Tommy chatted with Mel in the D, and has hired her to make sure a couple of his Commission rivals meet with ‘accidents’.  I’ve been thinking that maybe he needs to remind people that he’s not really a nice guy.  Certainly, Mel gets it.  But I feel like he’s so outgoing and outwardly friendly, that it’s easy to forget how cold-blooded he really is.  I have an idea, but I’m going to let it percolate for a bit first.

Aside from that, there hasn’t been too much for him, though TI team night knocked out a couple more of his Efficiency Expert Pither mishes.  Oh, and I think he just might be a little sweet on Sureshock Serenity (LazyBlank’s toon, the leader of the Kingsmen).  More because he’s a little extra nice to her.  Trust me, I’m not planning on going anywhere with that.  Just saying. 

For post-TI team RP, we somehow got on the topic of what music each toon would strip to.  Don’t ask me how, I’m not certain.  Tommy was assigned ‘You Spin Me Round’ by Dead or Alive.  Piper’s weird, but Tommy played along.  I guess he was in a good mood.

I need to get Erik on to meet Mu’Phaidra.  That’d be an interesting meeting.  They share the Mu as previous employers, but their outlook and personalities are so different.  I respecc’d him to replace Thunderous Blast with Lightning Clap.  It was a good move, but I totally neglected the KB component in LC.  Urgh! It kind of monkeywrenches my sick Lightning Clap/Power Sink/Short Circuit combo.  I'll need to play around with it a bit more.

Composer did a BAF and got his tier 3 Alpha.  I never thought I’d see the day where Composer would be level-shifted!  He’s grown up.  He’s still a treacherous weasel, but not a little one anymore.  I have a return story coming for him, but I’m not sure what the point would be anymore.   *shrugs* Oh well, he still deserves his due.  I’d like to show that he wasn’t as big a joke as everyone wanted to make him.

The repurpose of scrapper Lue and dom Jack continues. Lue got his new build w/Hibernate, but he’s short just a couple of LoTG’s, and a Decimation IO to finish.  I ran out of money. :(  I don’t even want to consider dom Jack’s build yet.  I’m pretty sure I’ll keep most of the IO’s, as I’m only changing a few things, but it’s still probably going to be pricey.

They both got new sets of costumes, and I got inklings of their new basic personalities.  ‘Lue’ will be a bit harsh and not take shit from anyone.  He won’t be as cultured or intelligent as Lue is, though.  I’m going to try and keep his language ‘average’.  ‘Jack’ will be younger, and kind of a hotshot.  Showoff-y.  He’ll get serious when he’s in the field, but he’ll still try to do things with a certain style and panache.  A lot different than Jack, who’s never, ever been showy, or frivolous, or lighthearted. 

All they really need is new names.  *facedesk* I HATE that part.

Outside of game, I’ve been wondering if maybe there’s something wrong with the way I communicate ideas and feelings.  It sure sounds like I’m speaking English, but there’s been too many people lately that want to misinterpret what I say, or misrepresent it, or ignore it altogether.  It’s infuriating, especially when it’s about past issues I can’t do anything about in the first place. 

Maybe I’m not always the best listener, but I like to think I’m a good one, and supportive.  Certainly I have people in my life that understand what I’m saying, and ‘get’ me.  And I do my best to understand them in return.  It kills me to see my relationships wither and die because the person I’m talking to isn’t getting what I’m saying.  Or doesn’t want to.  Everyone needs to be heard, and listened to, and validated.  However, I can only change myself, and how I handle these situations.

I’ve made a good start so far, and it feels good not to waste time or emotional energy on those who don’t appreciate it.  I don’t have to give, just because someone else demands it. 

I just wish I had an interpreter sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment