Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Action Packed

Yesterday was busy, and it wasn’t all Tommy.  Le gasp!  It was a Tommy sandwich though, he was the first and last toon out.  He got on early, and joined a speed run LGTF.  I felt kind of guilty in a way because of how they ran it. They wanted the squishies to stay by the door, so I spent a good chunk of time not doing anything but soaking up inf, prestige, and the odd shard.  I haven’t been getting very many shards, but that TF got me just enough to craft his Uncommon Alpha (Recharge/Heal).  After that one ended, another one immediately started, so I just did it again.  I only got two shards that time, though.  Bah!
Later that evening was something I’d been really anticipating.  Jenna was assembling a group to track down and question the man she’d heard about, who was asking about Jack and Havens/VKD.  It got off to a slow start, because we involved Kal (as Patrick) and one of his Precinct 101 buddies.  Cao Jian’s been slumming in Talos, and when everyone arrived, there was a Rikti raid in progress.  My GOD, the LAG!!!!  We were just about to give up and move the whole shebang to the D when it FINALLY ended.
There was a brief scuffle, because Cao Jian’s a twitchy mofo, and the team surrounded him, weapons drawn.  I’m a little disappointed in how CJ came across.  He’s a Kal-level badass, but I just couldn’t put that across without godmodding past Patrick and Ben (his partner).  I debated, and decided CJ wasn’t so important in the grand scheme of things that it’d be worth it.  After a bit, they all settled down, and CJ revealed he’d defected from Mind’s Eye.  He told them that he didn’t know the exact location of ML’s Paragon base, but he’d heard it referred to as ‘Full Circle’.  If the others don’t get that hint, I will lol so hard. :P
He also revealed that the base was being protected by a shield of magic energies, being maintained by two of ML’s magi (Xarot and Mistress Blaque).  It’s located in Dark Astoria, and CJ was staying in Talos while he searched for it.  He’s brave, but even he isn’t going to sleep in an alleyway in Dark Astoria.  That’s just stupid. :D  He clued them into ML’s magic bond with MP.  I think I know how I’m going to resolve that so MP can die.  I’m mulling it over.  Anyway, numbers were exchanged, promises of aid were given, and everyone separated.  CJ came across a little nobler than I expected him to.  Interesting.
I got Prae-Dylan out to talk to Pat, so Pat could tell him.  I wanted Prae-Dylan to know ICly because I’m going to make him and CJ as EB-class allies in the AE mishes.  I’m anticipating this being tough, and us only maybe having 5-6 people.  So, assistance would be helpful.   Prae-Dylan nodded as Pat gave his report.  On a side note, he got a few things wrong.  I really wish Kal’s player paid better attention, and spelled better.  I love the guy to death, I really do, but it’s so hard to RP with him sometimes.
After that, Mindlord’s presence was requested for a little surprise Red and P were doing.  Apparently, Vizir had subdued and captured Mistress Petite, who called for help via the bond she had with ML.  What followed was a rollicking fun battle between Mindlord and Vizir.  I mean, I felt like we could’ve sold tickets.  Mindlord was all raw power and aggression, whereas Vizir was tactical, and used his troops well.  Then the Rikti interrupted.  Again. *sighs*  Anyway, Vizir did manage to escape with MP, but she contacted ML again and said she has a plan, and not to try to rescue her.  Mindlord is just SEETHING right now, and his employees don’t even want to go NEAR him. :P
I logged Tommy on, because I heard that Mel had had a HUGE fight with Piper over Tommy’s involvement in helping ‘cure’ Piper.  Mel was in the D talking to Ash, Tyler, and Ascendant.  Tommy was NOT happy to see Ascendant.  Mel has a hero-worship thing with Ascendant, which makes Tommy jealous.  Not to mention that Mel acts like a swooning, teenage fangirl around him which just aggravates Tommy to death.  He thinks Ascendant’s a walking public service announcement….and a joke.  To be fair, Ascendant did NOT make a great impression the first time Tommy met him.  He came off as a complete and utter moron.
Mel had been calmed down when Tommy arrived, and accepted his decision to help Piper, though she was really worried about him.  She has a really valid point, Tommy just doesn’t have the finesse and experience Mel or Thomas has; he’s gotten along by virtue of raw power and quick thinking.  And big brass balls. :D Tommy knows he’s not perfect, but he’s never not had faith in his ability to get the job done.  If it comes to a bet, Tommy always bets on himself. 
In a way, I was slightly disappointed that they weren’t going to fight about it.  The old Jack would’ve probably caved in.  Not so much nowadays.  But Tommy?  Nuh uh, he’s his own man, and would’ve stood by his decision.   When Tommy decides something has to be done, he does it.  I was kind of looking forward to showing that side of him.  Well, I’m sure he’ll have other chances.  Mel explained to him what Ascendant meant to her, and that he’d saved her identity (and existence).
 Ascendant reminds her of the good in the world.  Tommy, being the cynic he is, doesn’t quite buy it, but since she promised that her admiration for Ascendant was chaste, he dropped it.  He still thinks Ascendant’s a loser (at best), but he won’t force Mel to ‘choose’ between them.  But if Ascendant made one move on her he didn’t like, Tommy would kill him dead, dead, dead.  Or try to. :D 
Tommy gave Mel a bear charm for her bracelet, they talked, and watched Ash Leopard…well, be Ash Leopard.  :D  Finally, it was just them, but then Crom showed up.  ICly, Tommy really did want to meet him, but I was conking out bigtime, so I had to beg off to go sleep.  Fun times, though!  And I’m psyched that we finally got the ball rolling on the end of Mind’s Eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment