Sunday, February 6, 2011

"Release the hostages, we'll consider your demands!"


I was informed that continued failure to update this blog would have.....unpleasant consequences.  Fine, P....*mutters something about cyberterrorism*

Anyway, I'm not even going to attempt to recap every day since my last post in any kind of detail.  I'd go insane in 5 minutes.  What I might do, is do a couple posts about the more important toons, with a breakdown of where they are right now.  I haven't decided yet.  For this post, though, I'll hit a couple topics. 

First, let me add my celebration to P's concerning Grim's move to Freedom.  Good fucking riddance.  Now if only she'd STAY gone.  She's done a whole lot of complaining lately about her 'gaming boyfriends' and how everyone's abandoned her for the Incarnate stuff, blah blah blah.   Hey, nutjob, here's a newsflash...they pay to play each month, just like you do.  So, gee, wouldn't that mean that it's their choice how they want to spend their time?

This is just more of the same hypocrisy that she's always shown. She got mad that Raina tried to insist (in her passive aggressive way) that people play with her, but she has noooooo problem doing it herself.  And if she's upset that people keep 'abandoning' her, maybe she ought to consider this.  Just a thought.  In any case, she's some other server's problem now, so that can't be anything but good.  Yay, Virtue!

Anyway, here's how my playing has broken down lately.  Tuesdays and Thursdays are team nights with Mark, P, and myself (and occasionally Techno).  Wednesdays and Fridays are TI team nights, and on the weekends, anything goes.  Though I spend most of them doing TF/SF content.  You'll note I've left off Mondays.  I'd originally thought to make those another TI night, because I didn't want to do just the bare minimum, now that Tommy's a lieutenant.

However, his relationship with Mel has evolved somewhat more than I anticipated.  Let me just backtrack a second, and explain. I saw Tommy as kind of a smooth-talking playboy of a man.  Married to his work, but still a heartbreaker.  I hadn't really thought about getting him into an actual relationship, because I was still gun-shy from what happened with Raina and Grim.  When Mel first came to the TI base and started bantering with Tommy, I knew ICly he'd flirt with her, and ask her out, but I totally expected him to get shot down.  In flames. 

Imagine my surprise when he found himself with a date that Monday night.  I didn't think he'd pull it off.  Nonetheless, they went out, and had a great time.  I found, even more surprising, that he and Mel actually seemed to have some real chemistry.  Not because Mel's not awesome (she really is), but because I didn't have faith in Tommy.  Anyway, they set up a second date, which went even better, amazingly.  They ended up at one of her apartments, and made out.  Intensely. However, they stopped at that point.  Mel doesn't want to appear 'easy', and Tommy's not going to push her.  In any case, Mondays have (at least for now) become Mel and Tommy's date night.

Tommy's taking her seriously.  I'd decided a while back that he wasn't going to be the kind of guy to try and have more than one woman at a time.  No wife & mistress for him, it's more trouble than it's worth, in his mind.  That being said, he's used to playing the 'game' the way he always had.  He's used to paying for everything, wining and dining his lady, keeping control of the situation, wearing down her resistance, but not letting himself get 'caught'.  Mel's totally changed the rules of the game.

Most shockingly, he trusts her.  He's let her in his mind, to talk and share memories.  This, for me, is very reminiscient of the early days of Jack and Raina's relationship, but Raina was never as fun as Mel is.  ICly or OOCly.  And it's very unlike the way I pictured Tommy.   Trusting a woman is hard enough....but a telepath as well? She's got him well out of his comfort zone.  He thinks about her a lot, and is happier and more at ease when she's around.  He knows he's in dangerous territory here, but he can't back away.  If Mel's player wasn't so cool, I might be looking for an way out for Tommy.  But P assures me that this isn't Raina/Grim all over again.

So I'm going to leave the slack in Tommy's leash and see where he goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment