Most of the action was on Tommy….big surprise, right? He did a Vanguard mish with Junior. It was the one where you have to blow up Rikti bombs and rescue citizens or somesuch. I hate it with a fiery passion, because it’s so hard to find the objectives. It also didn’t help that Junior forgot to mention he was running at x8 for shards. Grrr! :P After it was over, they talked for a bit. Ok, a while. Junior warned Tommy to be careful of Mel, and Tommy gave him some advice on how to approach Roulette. He would’ve rather stayed out of it, since Roulette had already confided in him, but Junior cashed in his favor with Tommy. Tommy didn’t really have a choice, in his mind.
He told Junior to play the long game, be steady, but not pushy. It was probably bad advice. Like, horribly, comically wrong. But Tommy warned Junior that he was good at hurting people, and making money…but being a ‘love doctor’ was not one of his strong suits. Tommy’s pleased that Junior confided in him, but hopes he’ll take his advice with a grain of salt. If it blows up, Tommy’s just going to shrug, and say, “Hey, kid….I warned you.”
Later that day, Mel called him and asked if they could meet to talk. I was glad her player had time to do that, otherwise it could have very well been Tuesday or Wednesday before we got to it. That’s a long time for Tommy to be all angst-y and upset. :D It was a pretty sweet moment, IMO, and they worked out their issues. I’m sure there’s going to be further bumps, but what else is new? One thing Tommy did want her to know was that he didn’t mean to ‘punish’ her for being honest with him. I kind of like how he apologized without quite apologizing.
Later on, I was going to take Caden to the D, since I was bored when I saw someone on the Virtuebadges09 channel say they were going after Anti-Matter if anyone wanted in. I logged Caden off, and grabbed blaster Jack just as fast as my little fingers would go. :P Anti-Matter was the last Praetorian AV I needed for Jack’s Portal Jockey accolade. It was just me and the other guy, and earth/storm troller, but we rocked it out, and got it done. Jack’s preening just a little. He’s proud of himself, and I’m just going to let him bask in that for a while.
Andy had said she’d have Piper go to the D, so I got Tommy out to hang with her. They have a fun dynamic. He teases her relentlessly about her height, and she responds with Mafia jokes. They’re a lot like siblings. P’s player had Danny out, talking with Frosted Glass. Part of my issue with the D, is that how other people’s RP will just bowl over into whatever you’re trying to do, and the chat scroll makes it SOOOO hard for me to keep track.
There was some kind of fight going on that involved some guy who Piper and Danny knew. Then some other guy that Roulette knew was sick or drink or something, and his rock-looking servant or something was trying to help him and grabbed Roulette and that started some shit. And there was some Elvis-looking dude there. All this was going on while I was trying to talk to Piper and Junior. And I’m not summarizing, that was literally as much information as I could get out of it. I really don’t like the D.
At some point, I was getting tired, so I pulled the ‘Tommy gets an urgent call about his business’ trick, and Junior asked if he ever got a break. That got me to thinking, and I think I might do a couple stories about a day in Tommy’s life. We’ll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment