Friday, June 10, 2011

All Over The Place

I’ve either got to update this more frequently, or learn not to beat myself up for not doing it.  I don’t really think that I’ve done a lot in game lately that bears reporting on, but we’ll see.  I’m going to kind of freestyle this, and see what my brain kicks out as I go.  This’ll probably be fairly random.  Ready?  Let’s go.

Ok, first thing that comes to mind is Mel’s arc.  I feel like I should have gotten more involved.  Mel’s worked so hard on it.  Also, I don’t like how Tommy’s come off since their breakup.  I don’t understand why he’s been so cold towards Mel.  She had a good reason for saying they should part ways.  So why is he trying to ‘punish’ her?  For that matter, he’s kind of been a jerk to everyone.  I don’t get it.  I really don’t.  His attitude bugs me in this case because it makes him look like he doesn’t care about Mel or what’s happened to her.  He really does, though.  Honest!

The AE arc was VERY well done, even though I cry a little on the inside every time I have to fight Carnies.  They’re so annoying!  And Mel’s player set them to 53, because she hates us.  Actually she figured, and I agree, that Titan peeps are so damned skilled and powerful, you have to turn it up to 12 or they’re just going to mow right through everything.  That last mish was a PAIN, though.  The AV was tough, but it was those ambushes that kept kicking our asses.  On the plus side, we had a couple lowbies with us, and I could tell the XP was good, because they kept leveling.  Yay!

I did the best I could to help with Tommy.  I never know how much help I actually am with him.  No one’s saying I suck or anything, but it’s hard to measure my impact when the rest of the team’s obliterating everything in sight.  I probably worry too much about this, but I’ll admit I would love to have at least one toon where I’m the difference maker on teams.  Everybody knows that one dude like P’s robot MM friend Delta.  Or Mel’s pal that makes the purples rain down. (I forgot his name, sorry Mel!)  You know, the guy that you call when you just can’t get it done, and he comes in and suddenly everything’s all easy and shit.  My poor, shriveled little ego would love to have that kind of status.  I’ll probably have to play another 3-4 years before I get that kind of cred, though.  XD

Next topic.  I’m frustrated with Root Locus.  Here’s where I’m at with him right now.  A while back, I rebooted him from his Praetorian Clockwork persona to a pacifist scientist with a suit of powered armor.  With the advent of the Steampunk Pack, I was seeing SG advertising for steampunk RP SG’s, and I thought it might be fun to get in on that.  So, I rebooted him again to a steampunk-inspired scientist from another dimension.  Very British, but kind of down-to-earth and friendly.  And what happened?  No more advertising.  The one group I did hear about, the leader’s not responding to my /tells.  Do I smell bad?

I ran a couple IC Portal Corp mishes as blaster Jack with P and Eric (aka Imashifter) for one of VKD’s team nights.  What’s always struck me as odd is how naturally Jack gravitates to the leader role.  Even when it’s not really necessary.  I feel that he’d have been a MUCH better leader for Havens that Raina was.  Also, while I’m stating the painfully obvious, fire is hot.  :D  Anyway, Mark joined us later after Eric bailed, and Mark got (I think) his first glimpse of the Incarnate powers.  I think he was rather surprised at Jack’s new tricks.  He stated a desire to get in on that, but I doubt he will.  The system’s complex enough that it tends to discourage those people who’d rather RP than anything else.  He’s on so infrequently.  Also, given his nature, I think he’d do one raid, see how chaotic it can be and how rude and spastic some of the people are, and go ‘Nah, I’m good, thanks.’ 

I wouldn’t blame him.  For that matter, I think P will probably get the Alphas done on her red (and eventually blue) Petites, and stop there.  And frankly, if that’s enough for them, that’s cool. For me, if the game offers me a way to get MOAR POWAH™, then I’ll take it.  I’ve always been like that.  Sure, I’m a roleplayer, but I don’t like my toons to be anything but the best they can be when it comes time to actually kick butt. :P 

On that note, I’ve slowed down on my raiding.  I’m kind of taking a breather on that, and focusing more on slowly pushing my non-50’s towards that goal.  What I like to do is make sure that any non-50 I have that can run the WST/WTF do so.  That huge XP bonus at the end is usually enough to nudge them to the next level.  Last week, I think I broke a record.  And my sanity. XD  I did the Kal SF like 4 times, and the Sutter TF once.  In one day.  I think I might’ve got an ITF in there too, I don’t remember. 

Oh, and while I’m on the subject, the Kal and Sutter were released at the same time, for the same broad level range (20-40), right?  Well, the devs must’ve liked the redsiders that day.  The Kal SF is faster (we did a run in just over 20 minutes), more straightforward, all can be done in the same zone, AND gives pre-50’s a nifty little passive ability at the end.  By comparison, the Sutter is long and a bit on the tedious side, frankly.  Score one for the bad guys! :P

Some of you (for those paying attention, anyway) may have noticed I’m not on as often or nearly as long as I was.  And when I am, there’s the occasional long pause, or I’m not quite ‘with it’.  And I tend to log off suddenly, without saying goodbye/good night. While obviously, me now being employed explains a lot of that, I have to mention that I have been absolutely EXHAUSTED lately.  It seems like if I sit for more than a half hour, and I’m not doing something active, I start to drift off.  So, to anyone who cares and feels slighted by me not being all ‘there’, I’m really sorry.  I’m trying, but jeez, I’m so tired.  And unfortunately, there’ll be no rest for me this weekend, either.  *sighs*

I swear, I could sleep for a month, really.




No comments:

Post a Comment