Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I've Got The Power!

Going to double up a couple of days here. It’ll be quick and hopefully entertaining.

Monday was fun, but did not like I’d planned. Not that I planned much; just working on Tommy’s arc, and maybe a little raiding with Jack. First, though, I figured I’d grab Tenma and hang out in the D for a little while, maybe do some people-watching. I saw a dark/dark def called Darkened Destiny…yeah, I know. Not very creative, right? Reading her bio, I saw that she was ICly a practitioner of shadow magic, which is essentially what Tenma uses. I decided to try actually STARTING some RP in the D. Tenma has a weird effect on me like that.

I sent her a /tell asking if another shadow mage would be able to detect Darkened’s power, and since she was all for getting some RP going, she said sure. Tenma approached her, and they started talking. She was being kind of flirty, but Tenma was just no-selling it. All business, though polite. They waxed philosophical for a while about the motivations of men, women, and godlike beings. She mentioned that she taught in Atlas with MAGI. Tenma asked her to keep an eye out for the Mizuchi, though he didn’t give her the name.

He mentioned that he was charged with retrieving it, and keeping it out of reach of those who’d abuse it, and Darkened made a reference to Lord of the Rings, which made Tenma adopt his Blank Look Of Incomprehension™. He doesn’t watch many movies, nor does he read fantasy novels, you see. Darkened gave him a copy of The Fellowship of The Ring – paperback, I’m guessing. It was a kind of touching gesture, and I might start working his reading of that book into his character.

They parted company, and Darkened’s player gfriended me. I may hang with her player from time to time, though her spelling was eh. Not Kal/Eric-level, but still noticeable. P’s player is probably yelling ‘KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!’, but then, poor spelling/grammar is like her Kryptonite. :D I dunno. It was like a Big Mac. Not high-quality by any stretch, but filling nonetheless. What I find weird as hell is that I did it at all. What bizarre magic does Tenma possess that makes me ok with chatting up a stranger in the D?

Anyway, later on, Tommy met with Rou who revealed that Hanshou was being ordered to do Bad Things™ against TI by Nakashima. I’m embarrassed to admit, but I need to ask Red to explain again what’s going on with his plot. It’s not that I’m not paying attention!  It’s just a) his plots tend to move very slowly, and are mad convoluted much of the time and b) I keep getting these updates when I’m either super tired or in the middle of something.  I need to find out soon; if Tommy or Brook had proof of Nakashima’s wrongdoing, they’d fire him on the spot.  Tommy would probably want to kill him for good measure. I don’t know what Red’s looking for in an outcome, but I’m fairly sure death ain’t it. :P

After that, Tommy hung out in the D (God help me, I’m becoming a regular there!) with Ash, Mel, Ray, Rou, Veronica, and at least one other person I don’t remember their name. Tommy mentioned that he’d been attacked later that evening, and Veronica told him to be careful.  Mel told him telepathically that Veronica ‘liiiiikes’ him.  They had kind a sweet moment there, Mel and Tommy.  It kind of showed that they could still be friends.  I liked that. :D  Date #2 with Veronica is set….well, later tonight.  He’s taking her to Venizzi’s.  Time to brush up on my Italian cuisine! :P

Ok, last night was very short.  Jack mished with Techno (who Jack is not impressed with at ALL), P, and later Mark.  We knocked out a couple of P’s Rikti and Crey missions, and it was fun.  Jack and his player rolled his eyes at Techno a lot, but that’s nothing new.  How Techno doesn’t have an STD, Jack has no clue.  Nuff said.

After that, Mark and P went back to base, and while I was still up for some RP, I figured I’d give those two some space since they don’t get to play together much.  I decided to partake of the new Keyes Island Reactor trial.  Yeah.  Won’t be doing THAT shit again anytime soon.  Ugh.  It took foevah.  And every minute or so, the whole league gets hit with some unresistable damage.  Like between 50-100% of your HP bar, depending on how much damage Anti-Matter had taken.

So, the first part of it is powering up reactors while damaging AM as little as possible.  Then, at the end, you have to kill him while he stops time, regenerates, and does some attack that, if it kills you, will heal him about 20%.  So basically, the first part, you can’t hardly keep from hurting him…and then at the end, you can’t keep him hurt.  Sheesh.  Pass, thanks.  The place was cool-looking, though.
 
Check it.

Hi, I'm Anti-Matter, and I'll be your server tonight....SERVER OF PAIN!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment