Thursday, June 23, 2011

HOT COFFEE!

For the last day or so, I’ve been working on a Jack story that came to me unexpectedly. It’s not done yet, and I kind of want to fiddle with the style of the second half of it a bit. It is coming, though, so be ready to learn a bit more about Jack.  Whether you cared or not. XD

I’ve got a mixed bag of topics to hit. First off, I read Grim’s blog recently and saw myself, P, and Raina mentioned yet again. I’d planned on writing a fairly scathing blog post about her inability to move on, but it was pointed out to me that the same might be said of me then. At this point, we’ve been apart longer than we were together. Everything I really had to say, I covered in the ‘Shout, Shout, Let It All Out’ posts I did a while back. There’s no real need to go down that road again. All I’ll say at this point is that I wish she’d get her facts straight. *shrugs* ‘Nuff said.

I read the news of CoX becoming an F2P hybrid with mixed feelings. I’ll reserve judgment until I know better if the perks of being a VIP are either a) shit we already have, b) shit we don’t have, but isn’t that great, or c) shit that roxxors my boxxors. I joked to Mel that now I could have that second account that I’d always wanted, but didn’t need. If I did make another account, it’d probably just be for throwaway RP NPC-type toons. I’m out of new toons ideas for the moment. I AM, however, interested in details of the new Time Manipulation powerset that’s coming. I foresee a rash of Mender-inspired toons.

As for the shift in pricing strategy, I think it could be a good move on their part. CoX is already vastly superior to Champions Online IMO, and this move just widens the gap, really. However, I don’t want to go through the same thing I did with Fury. For those who don’t know, Fury was a PvP online game that came out a few years back. I dug the concept a lot, so I picked it up for $49.99. Then, a couple months later, it went F2P. They didn’t do a whole lot to separate the F2P players from those who’d paid, and a few months or so later, the game died. That sucked. A lot. I don’t think CoX will do THAT, but you maybe can understand my concerns.

Tuesday night was just Mark and I. Mark wanted to confront Jack about how he felt under-utilized in VKD. I personally don’t see it. If he’s on, I try to have Jack put Mark right out in front when he can. Jack’s known Mark for a WHILE now, so he knows how useful Mark can be. And if his player isn’t on, well, not much I can do there. In any case, Jack did put Mark in charge of developing combat-ready breathing apparatuses for the strike team when they go to recover the captive scientists. He also tapped Mark to steal/access/whatever as much data and tech as he could during the raid. That conversation was the entirety of blueside RP that night.

I got Primalis into ZF, and I need to make time for him to play with them. Andy thought his concept was unusual and interesting, and since I ‘don’t suck’, (her words, lawl) she was excited to see where I go with this. John (Root Locus) hasn’t encountered any other members of his SG since he joined. I’m not really seeing signs of life, and if their Wednesday team night is the only time they do stuff, this’ll be a short-lived thing for me.

Yeah, right….like I’m gonna do a post w/o mentioning Tommy. :P  Team night was Perce and Tommy each running a team while Andy interviewed Veronica.  Side note:  I was not expecting her to apply to TI, but I should have.  She should fit in well, I think.  I ran 3-4 missions of Tavish Bell’s arc.  I had Next Gen/Jenna on my team.  Poor Agonus didn’t know WHAT to make of them.  Hell, Tommy still hasn’t forgiven me.  Sorry, guys!  Gen was the only brute we had at the time, and I didn’t want to separate The Incomprehensible Twins™.

Tommy had his date with Veronica last night. It was kind of awkward at first, but as I relaxed, the banter flowed a little more naturally. I still don’t think I was as ‘on the ball’ and confident as Tommy would’ve been but the problem was, it started to get pretty late, and I was drifting off. So, I wasn’t quite at 100%. It picked up at the end, where Tommy surprised her by asking for another date. She seems to have some self-confidence issues. She acted throughout like this quality or that quality in her was going to make him lose interest. And if it’s going to be like this for the duration, he might.

Tommy likes Veronica, but if she keeps acting like something’s wrong with her, he’ll pick up on that too. He’d like her even more if she was more confident.

My GOD, that sounds so damned weird coming from me! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment