More random notes; I foresee this being how I do things for the time being. Very little is happening regularly enough to warrant a daily log.
I’m kicking around a story for Cao Jian. I’m thinking it’ll be a really neat story if I can get it right. I took a stab at it a while back, but discarded it. It just didn’t ‘feel’ right. I know what I’m going for, but I’m not finding the right words, or the right ‘feel’. He’s a tricky character to write for. He started out so brutish, but during the scene where the VKD heroes encountered him, he came across as almost noble. Honorable. The guy’s like a Klingon now. I know he feels most at home in battle. But outside of that, what does he want? For that matter, what is he fighting for? He knows, but he’s not telling me. Hopefully, his reticence lifts after the end of Mind’s Eye.
Otherwise, I have no clue what to do with him. Mechanics-wise, he reminds me a lot of scrapper Lue. His offense isn’t super powerful, but his survivability is impressive. He wins by outlasting his enemies, not by virtue of overwhelming firepower. If that makes any sense. Maybe he’ll pack more punch when he’s all IO’d out, but since he’s doing s/l damage, I have concerns. Maybe I can counteract that by going with Reactive Interface when he hits 50. I don’t know how hefty that resist debuff would be, but it couldn’t hurt, right? On the plus side, I finally got him Vigilante’d.
I ran dom Jack through Tina McIntyre’s Anti-Matter arc in Ouro. I’m wanting to get him the Portal Jockey accolade like blaster Jack, but it’s hard. I was averaging 12 purple inspirations and at least 2 deaths per AV for that whole arc. And that’s with them spawning as EB’s. Slow, but doable, I guess. Unfortunately, I supposedly have to finish Serpent Drummer’s arc before I get Maria Jenkins as a contact. So, unless I think I can PuG the entire thing in one sitting, I’m stuck for the moment. It’s cool. If no one’s got anything for VKD Tuesdays, I’ll tap whoever wants to go, and just hack away at it. For that matter, I wouldn’t mind Ouro’ing the Anti-Matter arc again if some people wanted in. IC mishing is good. IC mishing that might get peeps a nifty badge/accolade is VERY good. :P
Praetorian Dylan is nearing Vigilante-hood, but knowing his character, I’m wavering. If only there was an alignment somewhere between Vigilante and Rogue. :D I guess he’s probably closer to Rogue, so that’ll likely be where he ends up. I’m interested in how he’s going to handle the news of Patrick’s defection from the Praetorian fold. I tend to think he’d berate him for his stupidity and disloyalty, and warn him that if they meet on opposite sides of the battlefield, he’d show no mercy. But…I don’t think Prae-Dylan considers Patrick much of a threat, so he’ll probably let it go at that. Prae-Dylan’s a Loyalist to his core…so long as he doesn’t see a better, easier route to fame/power/glory. So, if Patrick bows out of the hunt for Mindlord, then that just means more glory and prestige for Prae-Dylan when he captures him. :D
I played around a little with Primalis, tweaked his costume, and generally tried to get a feel for the guy. He’s telling me a little of his story, and I think he could be an interesting study in what happens when we learn that we’re not who we think we are. I feel like he’d fit in Zenith Force fairly well. I’m considering putting him there and trying to allot him some time to interact. Nothing against our groups, guys, but he’s too ‘pure good’ to fit well in VKD, and he’s not magical at all so SCC’s out. Besides, he would never get along with the likes of Lue, Devil-Shot Smith, Ritha, etc. I still don’t have a build in mind for him, so I’ve just been taking powers that seem workable. I wonder if any of my build-conscious readers might be willing to help a brother out? *bats eyes cutely* He’s a rad/energy blaster, and I’m going for ‘copious amounts of firepower’. As for funding, I guess it’d have to be a non-purpled build, since my ass is broke all the time.
I was hella bored last night, and I wasn’t feeling the raid scene, so I brought out Tenma and took him to the D to nose around. I know…SO not like me. I can’t say what made me do it. I don’t know. Anyway, he shared some sake and conversation with one Outlaw Hawk about the nature of chaos, and how it reveals the true essence of a person. It’s a main theme in a really good book I’m reading atm called ‘Under the Dome’ by Stephen King. Check it out, it’s a damned fine story. I digress, though. Hawk asked if Tenma was a ninja, and Tenma replied that he was a mage. He both is and is not a ninja, really. It’s complicated. In any case, even if he was totally a ninja, he’s obviously not gonna TELL the guy that! :P Afterwards, he overheard a group of people talking about magic and asked them if they knew anyplace where he might find artifacts for sale. They suggested a couple places, he thanked them politely, and then left.
So, as you can see, I’m still kicking.
No comments:
Post a Comment