CoX has been fairly sporadic and random for me. I tend to get on in little bursts. When Tommy’s not doing interviews (about 2-3 in the last week or so) or hanging out with V (that’s going very well, and warrants its own paragraph), he can be found hanging out in the D with the usual suspects. I’m working on Tommy’s AE, but it’s coming slowly since 2/3 of the enemies in this arc have to be custom. So, it’s taking a while to make ‘em all. *grumbles* He got his Lore slot unlocked, and I took Phantoms. I was not disappointed. The one I have is fairly beefy, and that’s BEFORE Tommy buffs him. Yep, Tommy now has a ready-made tank…for 5 minutes at a time, at least. :P And Phantoms do fit him. You’ll see why…all in due time. *evil laughter*
Meanwhile, Tommy and Veronica are coming along well. There’s still a bit of restraint…after all, they’re still learning about each other. Anyway, V took him to a parking lot in Martial where a bunch of food vendors were parked. Corndogs, sliders, crab cakes, sausage dogs (Tommy’s fav…as well as his player’s), lemonade (which Tommy has a secret love for), good old fashioned carnival grub. V seemed to worry that it wasn’t Tommy’s thing, but it’s not like he eats fancy sit-down Italian food for every meal.
Tommy revealed his original hometown…Bridgeport, Connecticut. That’s not something he usually chooses to share, because he worries that his enemies will target the remaining family he has there. Who lives there, you ask? Why, you’ll just have to wait and see! :P He enjoyed himself, and learned a lot about V. After a fun date, they agreed a fourth date was in order. She’ll let him know the when and where. I’m still on the fence as to whether he’d take V to the Verde Theatre. (The Verde Theatre is an old opera theater that Tommy bought while he and Mel were dating. He renamed it in honor of her, and I’d totally do an AE mish in it if I could find a map that works.) I’m thinking he may not. V doesn’t seem the opera type, anyway.
Jack just gets on to raid, and mish ICly w/VKD. I’m not stressing finishing the rest of his Incarnate stuff. He’ll get tier 3 on Lore (going w/Vanguard, natch) and Destiny (though I think blaster Jack has that already, need to check) and if he gets the rest after that, fine, if not…he’ll collect Astral/Emp merits to unlock the rest of the i20.5 goodies. Besides, not sweating getting a VR is probably the fastest way of getting one. :D
Tenma has mostly been doing the odd mish here and there, and finished the first part of his patron arc. By betraying and beating GW. By himself. Without dipping below 60% of his health. I know, not that impressive to most people, but to me, it’s a sign that he’s better built than I anticipated. He’s going to be kickass when he hits 50 and wraps up his IO’s. (We won't even get into what Incarnate-Tenma would be like. Sheesh.) He got 44 last night, and I took Moonbeam. I figured a long-range sniper blast of dark energy would fit him pretty well. He hasn’t really been back to the D lately, but I think I’ll swing him by soon, maybe chat up Dark a bit. *shrugs*
On the flip side, Caden has me worried. I got him to 39, but he’s really not making with the awesome yet. He’s an EM/EA brute for concept reasons, but the more I research, the more scorn I encounter for that build. The nicest thing I’ve heard is that it’s an ok combo for soloing one thing at a time. Yowch. Mind you, I’m not all about the powergaming and minmaxing. I’m not, really. But it bothers me when I can’t contribute what I think I should to a team. And Caden can’t really keep up with most of the PuG teams he’s been on. Especially against –end foes….he has a hard enough time hanging on to his endurance as it is! And RP-wise, he’s dead in the water. (As usual.)
Mindlord knocked out a couple raids himself, and got his tier 1 Nerve Alpha. He also unlocked a couple of the Ascension costume pieces which are very big, very cool, and have a lot of point edges and crap on them. The cape, however, looks like crap, IMO. Mindlord’s search for a suitably imperial-looking cloak continues. (I'm not holding out a lot of hope.)
Lastly, after duct taping P’s feet to the floor, we have a framework of a plan to move forward at some point with ending Mind’s Eye. At that point, Tesla is slated for a reboot as a Russian cage fighting ex-champion, Sandra’s new agent/handler/manager. He’d still be employed by Odyne, though. I need to get a hold of Mel at some point concerning her possible involvement in Composer’s resurrection/rebirth/whatfreakinever. It’s not a priority, just putting out feelers.
No comments:
Post a Comment