Friday, July 15, 2011

Gangster's Paradise

I don’t have much new to say. This week’s WTFs/WSTs are the respec trials which…ugh…no. The blueside one is too boring, and the redside one is a PAIN. Stupid Thorn Tree. I’ll hold off until next week when it’s the ITF. *rubs hands eagerly* Longtime readers of my blog know all about my history with the ITF. I could run it in my sleep. Hell, I HAVE run it in my sleep. :P

Quick aside: I’m going to beat a dead horse briefly. I know P’s heard this before, but it just boggles the mind…the only times I’ve EVER failed an ITF were back in the Safe Havens days, when we let Raina dictate our strategy. At the time, she claimed it was because we didn’t have a tank, or a healer, or a debuffer, or whatever. Since those two, I’ve run it with near every imaginable combo of ATs, some with people so dumb it makes you feel dumber just being TEAMED with them. And yet, we still got it done. Her ‘strategy’ involved someone tanking Romi, while the rest of the team separated him from his Nicti and killed the ‘healing’ one. While she bitched at us for not doing what we were supposed to do. So, to sum up….pfft. Whatever, Raina.

Ok, moving on. Tommy got his tier 2 Phantom Lore thingy. I dropped it in Ouro, just to see what it looked like, and two Phantoms ran up. One of them then proceeded to cast Adrenaline Boost on Tommy. Oh, HELL yeah. I likey. :D Unfortunately, I can’t ICly use it yet. I’ve got a nifty little IC explanation for this ability, but it has to wait until after…well, you’ll see soon enough! *evil laughter*

Blaster Jack crafted and slotted that Apoc Rech/Acc he got a while back. In hindsight, I probably should’ve sold it for the 500+ million it was fetching on the AH. It’s not like he’ll ever finish that set. Well, I suppose if worse came to worse, I could respec him to get it back. Blargh. His build is slated for 2-3 sets of damage purples, but it’s not like it’s really going to matter that much IMO. For a psi/mm blaster, he’s a beast. At least, he feels that way to me. If I change anything, I might replace his Paralytic Interface with a Reactive one. Hitting things isn’t his problem, it’s hitting them hard enough.

Ok, back to Tommy. Shocking, I know. He kicked off his What’s Mine Is Mine arc Wednesday, and it seems like it well received. The custom mobs didn’t team wipe us by any stretch, but according to Andy (who was on team #2), if the team separated, someone got killed. Which is about the level of toughness I was going for. I mean, these are TI’ers…it’s hard to challenge them. Not only are they very well-coordinated, but most of them are IO’d out the wazoo. Mel commented that the Family mobs were too weak, which I figured would happen. I’m still going to use them since I’m too lazy to reinvent that wheel, but I’ll up the level and throw in some custom bosses. However, Mel wants multiple AV ambushes. Sadist. :P

As I expected, there was a few raised eyebrows at the ‘rescue the prostitutes’ mish. Seems people didn’t expect a mob boss to run a prostitution ring. *shrugs* Mel got it, though. I do apologize for having them call him ‘Daddy’. That was just me being goofy.  Sandra seemed to take it in stride, I half expected her to go up in a mushroom cloud over it.  She and Tommy did have an exchange where he wound up just telling her to shut up. I frankly don’t remember exactly what it was, but he felt like she was pushing him, and he’s worked too hard to let anyone get up in his face or his business.

At the end, back at the base, Red gave us the stunning conclusion of the Hanshou plot. Hanshou had executed Nakashima for his treachery, and brought N’s severed head as proof. Then he tossed it on the couch, and everyone FREAKED. I lol’d so hard. Brooklyn’s fanaticism about her furniture is the stuff of legends. Then, in a move I did NOT see coming, Hanshou offered his service to a new master…Tommy. Mel mentally screamed at him to accept, but he had already come to that conclusion. Jeez, Mel….chill! :P Hanshou will come in handy, and I need to bounce off Red how Tommy might use him.

Of course now, I’m RPing a psychic mobster with a ghost-demon/samurai bodyguard. *facepalms* Not only is that weird as fuck, it pushes Tommy to new heights of Sue-ness. It’s ok…I don’t mind bizarre plot twists. Makes things interesting! The others started making plans for a Tommy/Hanshou sitcom. Tommy’s ok with it, since they promised to get Gary Oldman to play him. C’mon….Gary Freaking Oldman! :P Mel also dropped a bombshell on him. She wants to hire him to kill Harmony, a part of her psyche that hasn’t re-integrated into her whole. Killing Harmony will allow Mel to be complete. I think. Mel’s a bit hard to grasp sometimes. :D

Tommy accepted the ‘contract’ and the hit will take place tonight. He offered to do it for free, since he did promise Mel that he’d help her with her fractured state. Mel, however, insisted on paying because she doesn’t want to owe him more than she does. I wonder how that balance will stand after what happens to Tommy later in the arc?

Dun dun DUNNNNN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment