Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1-9 and 1-10 Recap: Super Speed Edition

All right, for now, I’m going to shift gears.  I can’t really do a recap every day of my gaming.  It takes me a while to write these, and as much as I like breaking down the past night’s activities, I wind up not having the time/energy to do character studies, explore topics that I find interesting, write stories, etc.   I can only effectively write when I’m alone and it’s quiet, but that time tends to also be taken up with studying/job hunting/gaming/etc. 

That being said, Sunday and Monday had a few items of note, so I’m going to keep them short and to the point.   If possible.
Sunday
I respecced Tommy, taking the Primal Forces Mastery epic pool instead of Psionic Mastery.  I think the AoE cone Energy Torrent, with its KB, will be useful in taking advantage of Containment, and knocking enemies down, so Terrify can smack ‘em without giving them a chance to fire back.  And Power Boost will be sweet for both his AoE controls and his Empathy heals/buffs.
I did a couple mishes with Weaver’s Operative Checkmate.  He had to ditch early because he wasn’t feeling well. 
After that, I got Jack to run with Mark and P to hunt down and stop Komodo.  In a Mark-written AE.  You’d THINK I’d know better by now.  Word of advice, kids: SS and Regen are hellacious powersets to put on Extreme difficulty.  Putting them both on the same EB is just asking for it.  After a couple faceplants, we switched around toons, ate boatloads of insps, and managed to bring him down….then he self-ressed.  Again, /Regen on Extreme is ROUGH.  Finally, we were victorious.  P did this much more justice than I am.  Sorry!
We retired to the base to wrap up, and Mark beat Jack in an arm-wrestling match.  In other words, Mark cheated and Jack forfeited to claim a steak dinner cooked by P.  Adam swung by, and hung out for a while, and as much as I like and respect the guy, he’s like a cold bucket of water in the face.  His toons never seem to be happy, and everything with him is very serious and somber.  And misspelled.
Monday
I talked to Andy (TI’s leader) for a while about the state of RP and TI, and such.  Nothing really notable, but it was fun.  Andy’s cool.
I joined a 50 hero mish team with Cao Jian, who was pretty much useless against Carnies.  I stuck around for 2 mishes, putting him at 9/10.  I had to leave to do RL crap briefly.
Next, I got out Ebon, who’s a little deflated since P pointed out that his possible story of his involvement with Jack’s family was a little Gabriel-esque.   He wrapped up the Midnighters arc, the Lady Jane mish going extremely well.
Lastly, the epilogue to the Komodo arc went down.  Komodo tried to break into the VKD base while Jack and Jenna were there.  Komodo’s human side was warring with his bestial side, and he pleaded for help.  Jack tried to boost the human side, but as the struggle went on, he realized that the human side was worse.  Besides, he figured ‘dumb and strong’s better than smart and strong’, so he helped the beast win out.  Komodo’s Infected went to attack Jack and Jenna, but Komodo halted them and they left.  Jack’s hoping he made the right call.  Later, he and Mark talked about how Komodo’s a ‘hero’ to his kin, but Jack said that wasn’t workable from their perspective.   That was about all I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment