Sunday, January 16, 2011

Saturday, 1-15-11

Not much happened today, largely because I spent so much time writing.   Ever since I started this blog, I’ve wanted to write more and more, and whether or not that’s a good thing depends on your opinion of my writing. :D
I got Jack out to work on the ‘Mind’s Eye Finale’ AE arc.  Nothing’s really coming together on that one, but I made Cao Jian and Imperator Itsuhara as EB-class allies.  I may not use them, but they’re there if I need to.  I’d like to talk to Weaver’s player and get the ball rolling, but he’s been hard to nail down thus far.
Later, since I had blaster Jack out anyway, I decided to partake of one of the newer i19 TF’s, the Apex TF.  Essentially, the TF centers on repelling a preliminary invasion of Primal Earth by Cole’s forces.  Everything spawns at 54, and if you don’t have your Alpha Slot filled, you drop to level 46, making you essentially useless against the mobs that are now 8 levels higher.   Our team didn’t have THAT problem, thankfully.  We started by wiping out a Praetorian Clockwork invasion of King’s Row, which ICly hit close to home for Jack.  Hell, it IS his home. :D
Then it was to the sewers to defeat some kind of joint Rikti/Hydra pylon deal. *shrugs* Don’t ask, I don’t know either.  Then it was back topside to fight Battle Maiden, which is where everything went horribly, horribly wrong.  I’ll provide further details upon request, but suffice to say, Jack had nearly 500k in debt when the team unanimously decided to pack it in.  That last mish is utter BS.  However, I got some prestige, a couple recipes, and a couple badges, so I guess it wasn’t a –complete- waste of time.
Lastly, I grabbed Priest and jumped into a mothership raid, already in progress.  All the teams were full, so I started my own. We did pretty well, but I REALLY need to do something about Priest’s end usage.  He runs out of gas so quickly.  I’m hoping that slotting the Cardiac Alpha enhancement will help.  Otherwise, I might be looking at a respec.  It’s hard to get motivated to play him.  With Tayla gone from the picture, his story’s kind of run aground.  He was starting to believe he loved her.  They’d been friends for a very long time, and the only existing real RP connection he has now is his friendship with Smith and Kigal.  However, I always feel like such a ‘fifth wheel’ getting him on to hang with them.   He needs something to ‘jumpstart’ his character, and I’m hoping my newly revived muse can deliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment