Sunday, January 30, 2011

Epic Saga

There, a little appropriate theme music.  I heard it on the Cape Thursday, and I liked it.
Here I go again, lumping another few days into one short-ish summary.  Hey, it’s 2XP weekend, so I’m forgiven, right? Right?  Here’s how the last three days broke down:
Thursday
I had a bunch of time on Thursday morning, and I hit the ground running just as soon as the flipped the switch.  Caden 2.0 and Crescent both got to 20, and out of Praetoria, and Primalis got 20 as well.  And that was all by early afternoon.  I got Tesla out to run with the TI crowd doing papers in Grandville, but everyone disbanded a couple mishes in for lunch.  Fast forward to night, and my first interview.  Andy had Titan Girl there, but she largely kept quiet (and afk) and let Tommy do his thing.
It went pretty well, which surprised me, but no one else, I’m sure.  We got him in and immediately, I broke north to catch up with Jenna, Andromeda, and Techno for story night.  We ran ICly through mishes in Jenna’s Protean arc.  Afterward, Mark told Jack that he walked in on Smith and Kigal having sex on the kitchen counter.  I guess that was supposed to be funny, but Jack wasn’t amused.  I was ‘eh’ on it myself, but for other reasons.  Afterward, Mark and I brainstormed a possible way to ‘un-werecat’ Caden.  More on this story as it develops.
Friday
I got Tommy on and Mel sent me a /tell….she liked Tommy’s DMCP epilogue.  That made me smile. :D  While I was getting my shriveled little ego boosted, I was slotting 5 pieces of Basilisk’s Gaze in Tommy’s Total Domination for the 7.5% recharge bonus.
Out came Caden 2.0, who did, of all things, a sewer team to get him to 22.  I did that so I could slot SO’s at 25. Oh, and he got Boxing too.  Yeah.
Tommy came back out and got himself on one sweet little ITF.  Great team, really.  Oh, and he also FREAKING HIT 50!!! Yay, Tommy!  His badge now reads ‘Made’.  Damn right.
After that came a manic surge of OOC teaming with the TI crew.  I don’t remember who I used, or how long we teamed.  I do remember it being a hell of a lot of fun.   They’re good RP’ers, but when they drop that and go OOC, they’re funny and tease each other and me lightheartedly.  I’m so glad they accepted me.
Saturday
This was an eventful day, mostly because I wound up getting a bout of insomnia and pulling an all-nighter.  God, I hate when that happens.  I finally got about 5 hours sleep, at 7 in the morning. 
First I got Tengu out, and he bought up a bunch of set IO’s, trying to get his recharge up.  He’s got from 15% global recharge bonus to like 38% or something, so that helps.  Next up was troller Lue, who hopped on another very good ITF team.  It’s amazing how the right team can either make that TF an absolute nightmare, or make it a fun breeze.  More on that later.  Lue picked up Hibernate, and even got to 45. 
Next, I decided to get Composer to 35 so he could do an ITF as well.  There wasn’t much redside action, so I took him to Talos and got him on a Citadel TF.  The irony made me chuckle.  Seriously, someone as thoroughly vile as Composer doing one of the Freedom Phalanx’s TFs?  I almost expected Citadel to suddenly lunge out and pummel him.  In my mind, he’s so dark, and twisted, that I near expect the NPC’s to pick up on it.  Anyway, the Citadel TF is fairly long and repetitive.  Go to Council base, bash Council.  Rinse and repeat.  Not much more to say.  He got to 35, and picked up Mutation.
I accidentally got Ebon on a blueside TI paper team.  Here’s what happened.  I had him at the WW, and was getting the last couple IO’s in a set, when Mel asked me over TI global if I was joining them.  P’s player asked me over AIM.  I basically said, “Yeah, give me just a second to get out of WW.”  I’d intended to log him and grab Primalis.  Next thing I see is a team invite, and I eep’d.
 I decided to bring Ebon along, figuring it was as good a time as any to test him in a team setting.  IMO, he did well….I faceplanted once, but aside from that, everything worked more or less as I expected.  He’s got potential.  I ran a couple mishes with Primalis, and decided to take a break.  Mel had promised to help me get Tommy through his Incarnate arc when I got back, but I guess I’d just missed her.  At this point, it was like 1:20am and I stupidly figured she’d gone to sleep.  Turns out she was just taking a short break, but I didn’t find that out until it was too late.
So, I decide to log on Cao Jian and see if I can’t grab another ITF.  Ugh.  Just freaking ugh.  This is what I meant earlier; this team was HORRIBLE.  They said they were RP’ers, but what little RP they did was the fire/thorns dom failing to do her job because she wanted to elaborate on her toon being an angel/demon/mutant.  Jeez.  Suddenly Caden seems a lot more coherent a toon concept, doesn’t he?  And…get this…she had NO enhancements. No IO’s.  No SO’s.  No DO’s. Not even a freaking TO.  She didn’t share that little fact until the last mish, but it explained why she was so useless.  Part of the reason, anyway.
We struggled the whole time, and just failed hard when we hit Rommy.  We just couldn’t do enough damage.  I mean, Cao Jian’s a DB/will brute doing lethal damage, and he was one of the two damage dealers.  It got fairly obvious to me early on that it just wasn’t gonna happen.  Maybe if we could’ve gotten it together, but the dom and her friends got all bitchy and Raina-y when the other brute and I started telling them what needed to happen. 
At this point it was 4:37 in the morning.  I’d more than had enough, and poor Mel had been patiently waiting for me to finish.  I told her she didn’t have to, but she said she was going to be up anyway.  So, I committed a mortal sin for task forces.  I quit.  Screw that.  Tommy, Mel, and Jr met in Ouroboros, where they threw me a little curveball.  They came IC.  I was hungry for some actual RP, so I went along with it, though now I’m trying to figure out ICly why Tommy would be trying to get Incarnate powers. :P
With those two, the whole arc was a breeze, and fun, too.  All of TI is super cool, and Mel and Jr maybe a bit more so, even.  Tommy said he owed them both a favor, and I’m curious how they’ll cash it in.  For that matter, does Tommy have a limit to what he’d do to repay a debt?  It’s very important to him that he repays kindness with kindness, and injury with injury.  I didn’t expect this, but it’s become a major personality trait of his.  Tommy’s changing, becoming more three-dimensional.  I feel like I’m losing control of him sometimes.  It’s becoming more difficult to portray his high intelligence and still keep his wiseguy lingo and mindset.  He’s evolving on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment