I don’t know what to do with him at that point. I’d originally thought to put him in TI, because they’re lacking in magic-themed toons, but I’m worried they’ll roll their eyes at his occasional possession. The concept looked great on paper, but I need to find a better way of RP’ing it. Maybe Erik could be normal most of the time, but if he uses a lot of magic, or gets hurt, Loraan can push to the forefront. It’ll bear some thought.
At that point, I grabbed Tommy for the team night. The story was that Brooklyn and Volt wanted to ‘recruit’ a few scientists from Crey and the Council, at the request of a client. So they told Tommy to assemble a team, raid a couple bases and kidnap the scientists. This time, it was an AE mish, so I didn’t have to improvise with paper mish plots. Yay! We also had a new person with us; Feed, a sonic/something-or-other corruptor. I don’t really remember, so sue me. :D He had a really sweet kind of retro-looking costume, though. No one seemed to find it odd that Tommy was leading again, even though 1/3 of the team had been there longer than he. It makes me a little uncomfortable because frankly, I’m a good role-player, but the others are much better in terms of actual gameplay and strategy.
I mean, I’m not Raina, if the team’s kicking ass without any guidance from me, I’m not going to bark orders just to do it. So, how to ICly lead a team that well-oiled? I settled into a pattern of encouragement, along with the occasional reminder to stay together. It seemed to work, and aside from Feed face planting once (he was down for like maybe six seconds before Tommy ressed him), it was ridiculously smooth. I have to mention, Psych Physician is a mind/psi dom, and Tommy’s a mind/emp troller. Between the two of them, we put out some SICK AoE control. Seriously, it was almost unfair. Those two work great together, and they’re both psi’s named Thomas. :P
So, as Tommy’s leaving, Brooklyn walked him to the door, and told him ICly that he was being considered for promotion, but he needed to be sure to put TI first, and if there was a conflict of interest, to step down until he got it resolved. Tommy thought it was fair, and once I wrap up the Dead Men Can’t Pay arc, there probably won’t be any further plots involving his business for a while. We have a bunch of newer people, let them have a turn. :D
After that, I got Cao Jian out to drop in on Kigal and Merchant of Souls in the D. Merchant was trying to make a deal or something with her to prove that Smith only cared about her because she was hot. He was getting nowhere. I brought Cao Jian there to RP with them, but the more I listened to them, the more it felt like I’d be intruding if he said anything. I know, it’s stupid, but it’s how I felt.
Mark and P RP so well together that sometimes, I feel like me chiming in would be like putting a blazing electric guitar solo in the middle of a beautiful orchestral piece. Sure, it sounds good, but it doesn’t really ’fit’ there. So Cao Jian had a couple cups of water, and left to sleep in an alley in Talos. He’s homeless at the moment until I can best decide how to bring him to 101’s/VKD’s attention and kick off the ‘End of Mind’s Eye’ arc.
No comments:
Post a Comment