Monday, January 10, 2011

Saturday, 1-8-11

Saturday was pretty much all Tommy.  I didn’t get on until later, with RL crap and some writing.  First he knocked out the aura mishes.  I know; it was only eighteen levels after the fact.  I’d forgotten all about them, especially since he’s using the bonus pack auras anyway.   The mishes were stupid easy to do.  Tommy’s got Stealth, and a Stealth IO in Hover, so he practically has Invisibility.  He just stealthed to the objective and finished them.  Piece of cake.

That done, I spent a while talking to P, and Weaver’s players, both of whom gave me interesting, and welcome surprises.  P said she was rolling a toon to play in TI, a real badass Muay Thai fighter/thief with mad lie/bluff detection skills.  Weaver said he was working on an Arachnos agent who’d ICly be ex-Mossad, to join VKD.   They’ll both be interesting, I think.  In Weaver’s case, I’m more than a bit surprised.  I’ve only interacted with him a couple of times, but we seem to get along pretty well.  He seems to be a decent enough RP’er, but he’s also very relaxed, and will joke around OOC too, which is awesome. 
As for P’s character, it was at turns touching, funny, and a little sad how nervous she is about applying to TI.  Granted, my interaction with her began with Havens, and wasn’t very substantial at all until we started the Prae-Havens arc.  So, I can only go by what I see and observe, and if I’ve learned anything from Havens, it’s that I’m not really a good judge of character.  That being said, it just boggles my mind how people can just hate on her the way they do.  In Raina and Grim’s case, all I have are theories as to what their problem was/is.   But, I just don’t see anything in her that could inspire the kind of venom she’s faced.  Sure, she’ll make me a little uncomfortable sometimes, but it’s not her fault, it’s mine.   She’s really a caring person, regardless of what she or anyone else seems to want to believe.
 In any case, it’s sad and unfair how skittish that seems to have made her in this case.  It’s like she’s expecting TI to just open fire on her with both barrels the moment she opens her mouth.   Sure, one of her toons (I think she said it was P, but I’m too lazy to verify right now) broke up with one of Volt’s toons ICly like two years ago.  By her account, it wasn’t ugly, and didn’t get OOC, except that Volt stopped talking to her.  I don’t really see that being a problem.  Frankly, from what I’ve observed, his player’s hard to get to know anyway.   I will say that it seems the Tommy’s one of the few people Lethal even kind of likes. It’s probably because Tommy won’t take his attitude personal, but he won’t let him push too far, either.
Ok, back to the recap….Tommy went to the Chalet to try Black Roulette (P’s applicant) out in some RP.  Side note: I hate the Chalet.  I’m going to stop trying to RP there.  With the D, there are a lot of people, but they’re at least spread out so the chat scroll is somewhat manageable.   When the Chalet’s open, though, everybody just gets in one damn room and tries RPing.  The chat scroll is enormous, and it’s hard as hell for me to keep track of what’s going on.  Grrr… Anyway, Tommy arrived, and got a glass of Chianti from the bar.  Roulette was talking to some angel/whatever toon called Love Song, whose bio screamed how very ERP-friendly she wasn’t.   Whatever, not like my toon was going to walk over and start humping her damn leg.  Chill out. 
Tommy catches Roulette glancing at him, so being the outgoing guy he is, gives her a ‘how ya doin’?’  Well, Love Song took that personally, all ‘he’s rude’, ‘he’s in love with himself’, ‘that’s a bad pickup line’, etc.  WTF?  He asked Roulette how she was doing because she was looking at him.  Tommy just laughed it off, he knows what he was about, and could give a shit what Love Song thought.  At that point, somebody started pelting Love Song with snowballs, and she about had a meltdown over it.  Granted, the guy was griefing her, but freaking the hell out wasn’t going to make him stop.  Tommy turned his attention to Roulette, who wound up challenging him to a few hands of poker.  Tommy’s not one to back down from that, and he’s a pretty good gambler himself, but she ICly cleaned him out of a few hundred dollars, since he couldn’t bluff her.  I say ICly because her player had to go.
Almost immediately, Tommy was approached by a green-skinned woman in a stealth suit.  She introduced herself as Goldie, and she’s also in TI, but Tommy doesn’t ICly know that at this point. Apparently, a lot of people mistake her for a Troll, but her ability to speak actual English, and her choice of attire told Tommy she wasn’t.  Apparently, she’s a ‘contractor’ who’d been gone for some time.  She said she was looking for work, and Tommy said he needed to find someone who used to work with him. (Brainchild, from his Dead Men Can’t Pay arc).  He gave her a business card, and she asked where Shaky Joe (of Shaky Joe’s Pawn from Tommy’s Closed Down arc) was.  Tommy told her Joe’d been ‘iced’, but suggested Ronnie Parker of Parker’s Pawn, who’s now working for him.  She thanked him and they parted company.

No comments:

Post a Comment