Sunday, April 3, 2011

Friday, 4-1-11: Beating My Head Against A Brick Wall

 [Team] Entropy's Hammer:  There's no time to make jokes!  We're facing a dangerous enemy and need to concentrate!
[Team] Entropy's Hammer:  Ooh, penny!

Sam’s player is hilarious.  :D
Friday went very well, at least most of it.  There was tasty RP and XP and other such initials.  Things kicked off in the evening with TI team night.  Tommy, Piper, Bally, Roulette, and Junior met at the base, where Junior gave Tommy a peace offering.  And brother, what a peace offering it was!
Tommy’s parents were killed on orders of the Council, and Junior used to be a member of that group.  Even though the trail was over a decade old (and cold), Junior managed to ferret out the names of every Council member responsible for the hit, including the boss who’d initiated it.  Most of the names on the list were dead, but the main boss isn’t, and Tommy’s coming for him.  With an olive branch that nice, how could Tommy NOT forgive Junior? :P
The team left to do some of Piper’s Abyss missions, and was later joined by Trina and Sam.  After one of the missions, Piper’s player had to afk to answer the phone, and Bally’s minions started talking amongst themselves.  Mel’s player is AWESOME as Bally.  You really get the sense that Bally’s guys are unique individuals…and they’re so damned funny.  Soon enough, Piper came back, and we finished up her missions.  The ladies left to do their ladies’ night thing, Jr, San, and Trina logged, and I grabbed dom Jack to do the WST, the Manticore TF.
This went very, very smoothly except for the fact that we had a lot of melee toons, so dom Jack had to watch his knockback. *shrugs* Not really a big deal, I just missed getting to just let ‘em fly. :P  Since it was the WTF/WST, Jack was treated to a giant XP bonus at the end, like 6 bars’ worth.  That put him solidly at 48.  So that was fun and profitable.
Tommy came to the D to hang out with Piper, Rou, and Arid.  I’ve gone over and over how uncomfortable I am there, and again, the same thing happened.  I tried, but Tommy came off all moody and distant, and PO’d Rou.  He told her to relax, that she was trying too hard, but her and later Piper got all pissed about it.  Honestly, all he meant was that she was kind of over-thinking things.  She seemed to Tommy like she was really self-conscious and second-guessing herself.   And evidently, something big happened between Piper and De-Mo that Tommy would’ve loved to have gotten into, but his player flaked out again.
*sighs* Sorry, Tommy.  I’m really trying, but the D just makes me so awkward for some damned reason.  I eventually got more and more silent, and despite Andy and P’s desire to keep me there, I had to go.  I keep disappointing myself.  Mel’s player thinks I need to take a chill pill, but it’d be a lot easier if I could figure out just WTF my problem is.  Ok, so I really have a hard time around people I don’t know IRL, but I didn’t think I was that bad in game!  I need to fix this.  Otherwise, I’m going to run into the same problem I did with Havens.  I was too awkward to RP with anyone I didn’t know, and when we left, and Mark and P were AWOL with RL stuff, I was totally alone. 
That had a happy ending, I found some hidden reservoir of nerve somewhere and put myself out there to join TI.  And it’s been MOTHERFUCKING AWESOME.   So why is the D so different?  Is it because it’s a more public venue?  Maybe I should make toons that no one knows, hide them from my global friend lists and just keep throwing them in the D until I stop sucking?  It’s something to consider, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment