/stronghint
Later, Danny showed up at the VKD base and chatted a bit with Priest. He asked what was up with her ‘wizard robes’, and Danny replied that they were technomancer robes. Priest scoffed and asked why they dressed like that, citing that Caden didn’t.
(He used to, though. I just lost that costume file somehow, and haven’t gotten around to making a new one.)
Danny got kind of annoyed, but Mark showed up, and Danny briefed them on her mission for the evening. The security footage that Jack’s team took from the lab after it was raided showed a lone doctor calmly activating a teleportation beacon, allowing the Zukt’ar to breach the lab. The doctor in question was identified as the lab’s head researcher, Dr. Akbar Magarian.
Side note: Snicker all you like over the name, I picked it from a name generator because I wanted the scientist to be Armenian by nationality. That’s the whole reason behind the name.
Jack thought something was very suspicious about this, so he tasked Danny with finding out everything she could about Dr. Magarian. Her efforts turned up a very shady story. Dr. Magarian went from a glorified lab assistant to a scientific celebrity nearly overnight due to his breakthroughs in medical nanotechnology. However, Danny discovered that his trademark nanites are VERY similar to those that Eric recovered from the body of the Zukt’ar that he autopsied.
Furthermore, she discovered that Dr. Magarian wasn’t captured at the time of the raid, but some time later, the Fifth Column picked him up, hoping to compel him to work for them. The VKD heroes girded up their loins (in Priest’s case, that’s a lot of girding), and set off to recover him. Not much to speak of here, it was just Fifth Column. Our heroes took Dr. Magarian back to base and tossed him in the cell for further interrogation.
Danny bolted, citing a party, Mark took off, and that was it. Until Eric got on, and I got to explain to him what went down. Joy.
Anyway, after that, I got Caden on the 24 blueside respect trial, this week’s WST. The last time I did that was with blaster Jack back when Havens was in its heyday. So it’s been a while. I’d forgotten how….well, dull that last mission is, frankly. There’s way too much time in between the waves of enemies. I was alt-tabbing for minutes at a time with no problem. Bleh.
Regardless, it got Caden to 33, so I suppose that’s nothing to sneeze at. *shrugs*
No comments:
Post a Comment