Friday, April 15, 2011

Wednesday, 4-13-11: Fast and Furious (and exactly 1,111 words)

Mindlord got out of the gate first today with a BAF.   Nothing of real note there, except that permadom ML is everything I dreamed he could be.  *sighs happily*
This week’s WTF/WST are the Sister Psyche TF, and Silver Mantis SF, respectively.   Caden was right in the level range for this, and I got him on a Sister Psyche TF.  It seems my pattern lately is to do the WST/WTF with as many people I can who AREN’T 50.  That giant XP boost at the end is so freaking sweet to me.  The way I play, and as many alts as I have, it’s probably my best shot at leveling these guys quickly.
Caden started the TF just shy of 30, and ended it two bars into 32.  That’s what I’m talking about! *happy dance*
Later, I logged on as Tommy, and was immediately invited to a BAF with Mel.  Of all places, they were starting it in Studio 55 in Imperial City.  I get it.  They need to pick a zone that everyone can get to, without it filling up. Fine.  Well, I had to run through the D, and Rou had a new dress that I wanted to see, so I basically poked Tommy’s head back through the portal and nodded in approval.
Apparently the leader of this BAF was trying to get specific badges so we had to do specific things.  And he was all adamant about it.  Ok, I’m a badge-whore like any other, really.  I loves me some badges.  But I’m not really all that keen on some dude screaming over league chat, “Go here and fight NS now!” or “Team 2 on adds now!” and “People whose name start with a consonant, scratch your ass with your left hand now!”  Ok, I made that last one up. 
But still.  Dude, I just wanna kick ass, get threads/merits/salvage and move on with my life.  Chill the fuck out, k?
DISCLAIMER:  I’m going to chronicle this as best I can based on what I saw/remember.  There was a lot going on, and it was fast and furious.  And remember, this is my side of the story.  So if I missed something, or get it wrong, I apologize.  Don’t hate.
Piper told Tommy that the device in Junior’s chest was a teleporter, and that he knew about it.  Tommy wondered why Junior hadn’t bothered to mention it prior, so upon seeing Piper and Jr in the medbay, he joined them to get some answers.
Piper was questioning Jr who seemed to have a hard time staying awake.  After a bit, his personality pulled a hard left and he started sneering and leering at Piper.  Side note:  It was HILARIOUS to me how freaked Piper got about that.  “OMFG JUNIOR IS LEERING OH GOD HELP ME!!!” Ok, where was I?  Tommy and Piper got increasingly concerned, and suddenly, Junior conked out and collapsed to the floor.  Tommy lifted the scrawny little nutjob to a bed.  Volt was there at some point, may or may not have did/said anything, and lost connection at some point.  I dunno.  Kind of tells you how interesting Volt is to me as a character.
Anyway, we needed someone to do brain scan/medical things to Junior, so Lethal showed up.  Joy.  He started bitching about them needing him with two psychics in the room.  Tommy was thinking, “WTF? He pisses and moans and wails about how we never remember he’s a doctor, and when we DO ask him to be a doctor, he gets all whiny?”  Tommy kind of temporarily shut him down with “We need someone to do medical scan-type things to Junior.  Do you think maybe you can handle that??”  Stuff happened at that point, and apparently prisoners were being sent in by the team in the field so ICly Tommy went to take care of that.  Not that I have any clue what that was about.  Then Red kicked off his thing.  He brought a disguised Vizir (going by ‘Dedrick’) to the base to ask to hire TI to track a teleporting thief (Dimension Raider, though Tommy won’t know him.)  Tommy started to get the story when I guess Lethal blabbed over the SG comm. that Junior was still a member of the Council.  I kind of ignored it, because I had too much going on.  Roulette was standing guard invisibly in case Dedrick tried anything, but I guess at that point she got all worried. 
I guess it was also pitched that Junior was going to be killed or something?  I’m not sure.  Again, I was focused on Red.  Roulette said that her opinion didn’t matter, but she didn’t want them to kill Junior.  Tommy replied that she was right, her opinion didn’t matter in that case.  Which in retrospect was horrible and totally NOT what he meant.  What he meant was that if Brook decided Jr was a threat that had to be neutralized, then he would be, regardless. 
Roulette really started to get on Tommy’s nerves, disrupting the interview with Dedrick.  She was also being pretty insolent.  Finally afterwards, Tommy took her aside and called her on the carpet for her behavior.  I cleaned up the log in case anyone wants to read it.  Just let me know.  Basically, it was like they were arguing over two different things.  Finally, Tommy closed with this nugget:
[Local] Tommy Cortex:  This ain't a discussion.  Control yourself, or find another job.  Consider yourself warned.
P’s player pointed out to me, and I’ve noticed myself….Tommy as a boss is a bit tyrannical.  He’s reasonable to a point, but it doesn’t take long for him to get to ‘fuck you, do as I say’.  He is a mobster after all, and the Family is an alpha male society.  The biggest, baddest motherfucker is the boss.  If that’s not you, you have two options.  Kill him, and take his place, or shut up and do what he tells you.  The better, smarter bosses won’t put it in those terms, and they’ll cultivate loyalty based on rewarding good service, but essentially, that’s what it boils down to for Tommy.  He’s not really a nice guy sometimes, because in his mind, he can’t afford to be.
Mel said that Tommy’s also stressed, but I don’t think that’s as much a factor as he much as he feels he HAS to make it very clear that no one fucks with him and gets away with it.  He could stand to mellow out, but just a little.  He is stressed, and he doesn’t smile or laugh much lately.  I better watch him.  Can’t have him turning into Jack! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment