Simpsons Episode 6.10 - Grampa vs. Sexual Inadequacy
Bart: No offense, Homer, but your half-assed under-parenting was a lot more fun than your half-assed over-parenting.
Homer: Awwww, but I was using my whole ass.
Bart: No offense, Homer, but your half-assed under-parenting was a lot more fun than your half-assed over-parenting.
Homer: Awwww, but I was using my whole ass.
(I love that quote….classic Homer Simpson.)
Well, haven’t had to do this for a while. I’m combining the entire weekend into one post. I’m doing it because I’m a couple days behind, but there was two days of nothing or next-to-nothing to recap. Without further ado, let’s get to it!
Friday, 4-15
After a considerable amount of confusion about the time, and scrounging to get a full team of 8 TI people so we could stay IC, Tommy ran the Silver Mantis SF. The team did pretty well, despite some occasional dc’ing on the part of Overdrift, I think it was? Despite that, it was a good bit of fun, and profitable. Tommy now only has 6 Incarnate Shards to go to get his tier 4 Alpha finished. Huzzah!
Aaaaaaand that’s it for Friday. Yeah, I know, right? With RL crap, and me not being in the mood to RP in the D or raid anymore, I just went offline and poked around in Mids. Anyhoo, moving on.
Saturday, 4-16
Don’t worry, there’s a lot more meat here. Tommy started things off with a nice, brisk Lambda raid. He unlocked and slotted his Destiny Incarnate thingy. I went with Ageless, which gives a nice infusion of end and a boost to recharge. I might change my mind, I’m not sure. One of the cool things about the system is you don’t lose what you’ve already crafted. If you were REALLY diligent, you could craft all four types and swap ‘em out before fights based on what you thought you might need. I doubt I will, though I might do two of them.
At this point, I logged on Composer, intending to find a Silver Mantis team. I saw that Roulette was in the D (big surprise, right?) and I decided to give her and her player a surprise. We’d discussed doing this before, but I opted not to warn her. She was talking to True Empathy, and maybe a couple more. I dunno. Composer slithered up the far staircase, ending up behind her. Oh yeah. At this point, I briefly considered stealing Mel’s battlecry of “SURPRISE! BUTTSECKS!” but this WAS the D, and I don’t think I want to know what would’ve happened. I was half-afraid I’d get like 10 tells saying “ooh, do me, do me!!”
Anyway, he introduced himself as Phillipe Roquefort, and asked if she’d be interested in hearing about a little business propostion. She agreed rather quickly, and led the treacherous little weasel into the largely abandoned (and dark) monkey bar…which frankly, made me laugh. Anyone reading this on a regular basis knows why. :P Now, to recap, his goal was to get Rou to get back in the professional cage fight circuit, under Odyne’s umbrella….while making Rou think she was just fighting for him. I was leery of his chances, but it was like he said to me, “Just back off, I’ve got this.” And he just launched into it.
![]() |
| My treacherous little weasel, Composer. All dressed up, and ready to do dastardly deeds. |
He played up the buzz and money her comeback bid could generate, and played on her ego and past glories. I don’t know where Rou is in terms of his offer, but he and I both felt like he did the best he could, and it was a pretty convincing pitch IMO. Little bastard surprised me again. He very much played the role of a successful fight promoter, very confident, a bit sleazy, and all about putting butts in seats.
Apparently, he’s a very good actor, and just dives into a role. Mel and Clay walked up, Mel seemed intrigued by him, and the two flirted just a bit. In his mind, charming Rou’s friends could only help his chances. He gave Mel his cell number (disposable/untraceable, natch), and her player warned me that she will call him for drinks. Ruh roh! Not sure how THAT’S going to go. He’s wily, and deceptive, but Mel is….well, Mel. How will she react to finding out how SICK this guy is? Stay tuned!
So, after that, I got blaster Jack on and respec’d him to a build I think will allow for more ass-kickery. A brief test in a hero tip showed that he’s even more effective now. Hell yeah. And that Pyronic Judgment HURTS people. Jeez!
I swung Tommy by the D for his weekly dose of standing around awkwardly with TI people. He was largely ignored, even when he talked. *shrugs* Rou’s player, of course, will comment that I should’ve tried harder, that Tommy wasn’t saying anything. I just think that maybe he’s not that interesting anymore. I lingered the traditional, prerequisite amount of time, and then disengaged him.
Mel contacted him telepathically as he left, and they had the talk they’ve been needing to have for a while, I think. They kind of apologized to each other for how they’d been (badly) dealing with the split. Mel’s Quilt (the ‘voices’ of the minds she’s ‘eaten’) think they should get back together, but as fractured as Mel is right now, her and Tommy both know it wouldn’t be a good idea. He will try more to be a friend to her now, now that he’s over ‘punishing’ her for the split. Mel’s player thinks Tommy might be less wangsty now. That’d be nice!
Sunday, 4-17
Nothing. Well, my car got broken into, and my MP3 player was stolen, but no IG shenanigans to speak of. Between that, and a dinner guest who just wouldn't SHUT UP AND LEAVE, I got on super late, and no one was on, really. Bleh.

No comments:
Post a Comment