Things didn’t pick up until the evening, but it was fun once it got underway. Jack called over the comm for assistance, and Mark responded. Techno was on, but was firmly entrenched at the D, so he just ignored Jack. Meh. Part of me was annoyed, but mostly I just figured it wasn’t a huge loss. Anyway, we mopped up a Malta mish for Crimson when P got on. We reconvened at the base, where Jack told Mark and P that he was going to Wales for a while. Mark and P kind of bantered back and forth about who should be in charge while Jack was gone. At that point, Jack was leaning towards Petite, but only because she had prior leadership experience.
Then…one Ashley Forte just blithely wandered into the base. This was Lauren’s toon, and her vehicle to kick off an AE she’d had ready for us. Lauren’s toons, for the most part, all hail from an alternate dimension that’s technologically much more advanced than our own. I wish I could tell you more, but a) my memory sucks and b) she gets on SO rarely that it’s easy to forget where her plot is. I mean, if I see her on more than once every 2-3 months, that’s unusual.
Anyway, it seems that one of the denizens of her world, a Chamelion……
Yeah, that’s how she spelled it.
Yes, I know.
Anyway, ‘Chamelion’ was impersonating her and her friends, who were other heroes of that dimension that VKD were friends with. She begged VKD to help her stop him, as he was doing various and sundry villainous….stuff. Hell, I don’t know, I was just glad her AE was doable. Normally her stuff is wicked painful to play through. :P It was actually kind of a rollicking, fun battle. We were in the Vanguard base, with Vanguard NPC’s helping us. We’d beat ‘Chamelion’ down in one form, and he’d pop up somewhere else in another form. Rinse and repeat, and he a pushover, but he wasn’t so hard as to be un-fun.
After that, we returned to base, where Jenna met up with Jack, and he asked her to go with him and his father to Swansea. I was kind of surprised that she agreed, and the whole scene was fun, very light and sweet. Jack smiled more during that conversation then he has in a long time, I think. After a few minutes, Mark arrived, and Jenna excused herself so the guys could talk.
One of the assignments Kat had given Jack was to talk to Mark, find out how he and Petite were keeping their marriage on track, and mostly to bond a bit with him. Kat assigned him that task largely because…..well, her player is actually a malevolent alien entity who feeds on human awkwardness, and this conversation would be like a feast to her. :D
Ok, maybe not. But she was laughing evilly OOC while she gave Jack that task. Jack asked Mark how he and Petite deal with problems, and keep things from coming between them. Mark was basically all, “Uh, I dunno?” Jack opened up a bit, and told Mark why he was worried. He doesn’t want to lose Jenna. Again, Mark was basically all, “Uh, I dunno?” So, Jack didn’t really get any advice, and I think he only really succeeded in making Mark super uncomfortable, because when Eric walked in and started talking to Jack, Mark BOLTED. :P
Jack and Eric talked for a bit, about his trip and Jack’s new mentoring gig at GIFT. One of the things about Eric’s player is that, if he has some background info he wants to get out, and he sees an opening, he freaking GOES for it, and doesn’t stop until he’s done. It kind of breaks the flow of conversation a little, but I won’t hate on him too much for it. He’s a pretty good sport, most of the time.
And I do still feel a tiny, little bit bad for griping about his defender’s bad healing practices. What he does is, he puts Healing Aura on autofire, and just sets his toon to follow Jack. Turns out his player’s hand was broken. So, yeah, I’ll give him a break, but it is still aggravating. I can compensate, for a while. If I see someone who needs a heal, I guess I’ll just have Jack ‘drag’ Eric over to them. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment