This song has been stuck in my head for DAYS. The album is awesome, you should check it out. That is all. :P
Monday was short, but not uneventful. First up was troller Lue, looking to take a whack at the ITF. We all mass aborted halfway through the second mish, because we encountered something I’d never heard of before.
Given the nature of the TF/SF, there’s certain things you have a right to expect of your teammates, and vice versa. It’s just common courtesy. You can’t really kick people from a TF/SF because they’re being giant douche-nozzles, because you can’t replace them without restarting the whole thing. So, in the past, I’ve talked about not bailing on a TF/SF before the end unless you absolutely need to. And obviously, you can’t just sit in a safe spot and soak up XP/prestige/shards while your team does all the work. I mean, that’s just a GIVEN.
I’m adding the following commandment to the list:
Thou shalt not start a task force and then go sell at Wentworth’s in fucking STEEL CANYON while your team gets molested by sweaty, leather-clad Romans, and various and sundry Nictus.
I mean, c’mon! WTF?? The guy knew he was going to want to start an ITF, why couldn’t he have done that crap beforehand?
Or e-mailed himself the recipes?
Or just sucked it up?
The guy at least could’ve had the decency to seem embarrassed about it. Nope. He laughed, and then got all bitchy as us when we called him on it. The guy’s name was Silverburgh, and I think his global was @CommanderCoffeeMug or some shit.
Ugh, ok, I feel a little better now.
After that collapsed, I just decided to grab Tenma and take a whack at soloing Numina. That was the last mish I needed to get the Soul Mastery patron powers unlocked, so I thought I’d give it a shot. Well, one Kuji-In Retsu, a boatload of insps, and a whole lot of taijutsu later, I was victorious. Go, Tenma!
I got Frost out to help P with a mish for Roulette, since I thought Mel would be later getting on. Well, Frost was utterly useless. Yeah, a level 8 ice/ice dom trying to hit level 35 Rikti? Not so much. I left shortly thereafter.
Tommy had set up a picnic in the far eastern hills of Cap au Diable. It started out well enough, but Tommy screwed up bigtime. Mel wants to be a part of his life, and help him in his work. However, he’s been shielding her from what he does, trying to protect her. Worse, he didn’t really see anything wrong with it. In his mind, a real man protects the people he cares about. Seems Mr. Cortex is something of a sexist pig in that respect. Mel started to get really angry, and went all ‘multiple voices-y’.
In Tommy’s defense, this is just how he was raised. He doesn’t really know any different, but he’s willing to change. Mel’s the first woman that he’s been with that wants that. Most of the other women he’s dated have been happy to leave him to his business and not ask questions, so long as he took care of them. He wants more than just arm candy now, but being smarter and more open to new experiences doesn’t automatically mean he doesn’t have patterns that he’s stuck in. I think it’s to his credit that he values Mel enough to try to meet her halfway. I don’t really know how/if they’re going to work this out, but I’ve been reassured that Mel’s player isn’t going to go uber-emo on me like Raina’s did.
On a related note, Mel’s player rocks. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment