Today was mostly fun. I vc’d with Mel, Jr, and P on and off, and started out on Caden mishing with Caprice, Grey Basilisk, Mech Phoenix, and later Zhylandria. Caden got to 25, and got access to Ouroborous. Later, I got on Tenma to team with the legendary Mjr. English.
Mjr. English is P’s ninja MM, and is awesome. The two ninja scythed through hordes of Longbow. Well, ok, Tenma did a lot of the work, but English is still awesome. :D And P took my near constant teasing over vc well. You rock, P! *huggles*
Then TI team night began. Brooklyn brought news that Syntech was countering their assault by releasing a lot of defective weapons and tech under the guise that Titan were the ones doing it. Tommy commented that Syntech was taking a page out of Titan’s book by trying to discredit their enemies and hurt their rep. The available people were assembled – by yours truly – into two teams, and each went out to retrieve the items and protect Titan’s good name.
Bear in mind, when Andy asks me to set the teams, which happens frequently, I do try to make them balanced OOCly first, so each team has a good mix of archetypes. For example, I’ll never assign Lethal to my team, because he and I are really the only dedicated healers. I also try to keep people’s levels in mind. On a good strong team of 50’s, I like to stick a lowbie, so they’ll level quickly and the others can more easily compensate for them. After I’ve taken the mechanics into account, I’ll also keep in mind the RP potential. For instance, I often have a number of stalkers in the ‘pool’. I almost assigned Roulette to the team with Bally, but I thought it might be more interesting for their players to put Bally and Hanshou on the same team. Besides, we had a new person on the team, Trina Sable, and Roulette’s player is REALLY good at getting new people involved in the action.
I don’t like ‘playing God’ like that, but it’s going to happen. I guess what I’m saying is that I have everyone to consider when I set teams. I’m not just doing it arbitrarily. If anyone has an issue with it, I’m more than happy to listen, but I’d ask that they at least try to make it work first. If you have to team with people your character doesn’t know very well, why not try to start some RP with them anyway? I had to do that with everyone when Tommy first joined, and I’m not Mr. Social by any stretch. Fortunately, the Titan guys are good about including people if they show they want to be. :D
Back to the action…Roulette had brought a date, False Empathy, and Junior was being snarky with both of them, but there’s often a fair bit of teasing flying around on teams, so Tommy’s apt to let it ride. Then Junior asked Roulette how much she made per gig, doing porn. For Tommy, that crossed the line from ‘banter and teasing’ to ‘outright insult’. Tommy knew if he didn’t say something, Roulette would take the situation into her own hands, and while he’d LOVE to see her kick Junior’s ass, he’d have to step in.
So he told Junior to run his mouth less and do his job more. Tommy thought it was a little more diplomatic than “Quit being a snotty, disrespectful little bitch.” Junior gave Tommy attitude throughout the rest of the jobs, and Tommy finally warned him he was out of patience. Junior flipped him off, and Tommy decided to deal with him when he got back to base, so as not to further disrupt the mission. When they got back to base, Tommy tried to get Junior to come to his office with him, so he didn’t have to dress him down in front of the others.
Junior refused, and ramped up the attitude still further, and that was when Tommy had enough. He pulled his gun, fully intending to pistol whip Junior into a thin paste in front of everyone, which is when Brooklyn stepped in. She took both of them into the other room, where Tommy told her what had happened. Junior mouthed off, and didn’t do himself any favors with Brook. She essentially told him that if he couldn’t grow up and follow orders, he had no place in her company. After he left, she did gently reprimand Tommy, saying that they couldn’t stay in business by beating the hell out of their employees.
Tommy admitted he was wrong, and told her it wouldn’t happen again. Tommy’s always respected Brooklyn. I don’t think she’s aware of hard it is for him to let Junior’s insults go, though. He left shortly thereafter, and took out a bunch of random Goldbrickers in Cap, which made him feel better. Hooray for misplaced anger! :P
No comments:
Post a Comment