Monday, March 28, 2011

Saturday, 3-26-11

Saturday was ok, and sort of bittersweet near the end.   Erik and Tenma both got out and kicked butt, and I think Erik got to 45.  Later that evening, there was interest in a semi-IC Tin Mage TF, so I whipped Tommy out to partake.  Mel was there, which was a smidge awkward ICly, but I did a little dance, knowing that control would be no problem between her and Tommy.
It went very well.  Very, VERY well, I thought.  Tommy and Mel didn’t die a single time, and Tommy even got a purple recipe, a NICE one.  I priced it afterwards, and it was selling at that time for about 500 million.  However, he stopped just ONE SHARD short of his 2nd Rare Alpha.  Grr! 
However, I do have to comment on Trev a bit.  I don’t know how he managed it, but Terra-Fire is the single squishiest brute I have EVER teamed with.  Ever.  He died so much, in spite of Tommy’s best efforts.  I mean I literally put a Power Boosted Fortitude, and an Adrenaline Boost on him, just to watch him faceplant five seconds later.  WTF?? If he had any kind of def at ALL, the Fort should’ve at least softcapped him.  It’s like a +29.72% boost with Power Boost active.  Dude, if freaking TENMA is out-tanking you on an ITF, you *might* want to look at your build. :P  But hey, what do I know?
Afterwards, Tommy and Mel met to finally talk through the situation.  It was very sweet and hopeful IMO, until Mel said that she couldn’t stay the same, and that this was as lucid as she’s been in a long time.  That’s always worried Tommy, because if Mel’s going to randomly change from one day to the next, or when she takes a mind, how is Tommy supposed to deal with that?  He’s flexible, but that’s a bit much to ask of him, he thinks.  She said the core remained the same, but without knowing what that means, or how he can help her when she’s going through this or that, he feels he’d be continually blundering. 
Mel said that she needed more time, and that they should take a break.  She’s afraid she’ll try to hurt him again, and there’s no way to guarantee that she won’t.  They do still love each other, but I don’t know if they’re going to make it.  But I guess that’s the case for IRL relationships too, isn’t it?  Maybe he’s looking for a stability or certainty that just can’t exist, not even in a make believe world.  I don’t know.
Mel left him to head to the D, and I got out Tenma to kick some more butt, to cheer myself up.  And it worked, he hit 41 and got Dark Blast.  I likey.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment