Tuesday was a mixed bag of goodies. Crunchy goodies. The morning was when the WST rolled over to the Tin Mage mk II Task Force. It’s one of the two that spawns all the mobs at +4, and if you don’t have an Alpha slotted, you take a -4 level debuff. Going by my experiences with the Apex TF (the other one), I expected it to be hard, but fun. I was not disappointed in either respect.
I pulled blaster Jack out to take a crack at it. Our team went through a LOT of Praetorian Clockwork and WarWalkers in the first mission, but that’s not too unusual. What WAS unusual is that the first mission ended in a warehouse with Malta. The AV is Director 11, and let me tell you, that was a tough, tough fight. I commented to P’s player that he fought kind of like I picture Petite fighting. He used a lot of hit and run, setting bombs, calling for backup, and using the surroundings to his advantage. It was really tricky to maintain LoS on him, with all the storage shelves and racks in the way.
Unfortunately, until we got to the last fight, the rest of the TF wasn’t very unique by comparison. Go here, fight WarWorks, go over here, fight some more WarWorks, rinse and repeat. The last fight was against Neuron and Bobcat and 2 sets of 2 Goliath WarWalkers. Neuron kept producing clones of himself, but they didn’t seem all that difficult. Probably because blaster Jack’s a 50+1 damage machine. :P
Ok, maybe not, though it wasn’t so hard. One thing I will note is that if you beat Neuron first, Bobcat gets all freaked out and starts doing SICK damage. I didn’t take any, given Jack’s policy of not getting within arm’s reach of pissed off catgirls. But I saw her one-shot a couple of our scrappers. Anyway, it was fun and profitable. I did it twice with blaster Jack, and now he has both his Rare Alphas. All he needs now is like fifty-odd shards, two Notices of the Well, and he can have his Ultra Rare Alpha.
Right after that, it was time to kick off the Zukt’ar arc. The AE got generally positive reviews, though I think P’s player was a bit excessive in her praise. ‘Dev’s Choice material’, indeed… :D
The Zukt’ar seemed a bit weaker than I intended them to be, but I’ll chalk that up to having a (mostly) good team, and these just being the scouts. Eric again failed miserably in his task as a healer. It seems that all he does is put Healing Aura on auto-fire, and just follow Jack. Meanwhile, there’s other team members, whose HP dips into the yellow and occasionally red.
I don’t want to confront him with this. I hate confrontation. However, I know I have to be the one to do it. I’m the lead most of the time when it comes to missions in the VKD, I’m the Leader, and I’m probably the only one he’ll listen to. *sighs* I don’t really understand why, unless you just chalk it up to he and I being among the few that started Havens.
The team reviewed the available evidence and came up with plans to get more information on their new foe. After that, we all pretty much split up, and I grabbed Tesla. Tesla still doesn’t have a personality, but he seems to be who I go to when I don’t feel like RPing, or when I’m upset and just want to kill shit by myself. He’s getting more of a workout lately. He finished his last villain tip, and then did his morality mish. So, in a week, he’ll have some sweet, sweet Frenzy he can use. You can’t use it too often, but on a brute, it instantly refills your Fury bar, which means HUGE damage increase. I’ll take it!
Afterward, I got Lue out who made a rare trip to the D. I wasn’t really looking for RP, I was just bored so I thought I’d people watch a bit while I wrote. Andy’s toon Solarette, however, IMMEDIATELY introduced herself to Lue and the two chatted a bit. She came off very nice, if a bit nutty. Danny was there, and said hi. As she left, she smacked Lue’s ass. He repaid the favor by ogling hers as she walked away.
He thinks she’s really very attractive, and he’s already seen her naked. See, Lue is an artist as well and Danny’s modeled nude for him. So, yes, she does make his blood hot and his eyes wander, but he probably won’t ask her out. He’s kind of married to his magic, and his work. He also went through a HORRENDOUS relationship with ‘Psycho Reaper’, so he’s not in any hurry to get back in the dating scene. Besides, as awkward as I am RPing social things, I’m WORSE at trying to flirt ICly, and date. And this here….pretty much sums me up. So, yeah, IC relationships are not something I'm great at.
Afterward, Mel and Tommy met in the D, and went to a quiet spot in St. Martial to talk things through. Tommy apologized, but late and poorly, and neither of them knows if this is going to work. Mel’s taking some time away from him to think, and Tommy’s giving her space. If it doesn't work out, Tommy's going to hurt, but I doubt it'll mess up his character the way Jack's was. Tommy's made of sterner stuff than that.
No comments:
Post a Comment