Tuesday was fun…I started out in the morning voice chatting with Mel, Jr, P, and Rakescar, who’s an old friend of Mel’s. It was pretty interesting, looking back on it. I knocked out a couple Apexs, one each for Tommy and blaster Jack. It was really a lot of fun, and I actually relaxed, just a little. For a little while, I forgot to be neurotic and just bantered. I laughed a lot, especially during the one I did with them. And Tommy got his level shift Alpha, so that’s cool.
Later that evening, I bought a full set of Scirocco’s recipes for Priest’s Foot Stomp. I should get back to him; he’s got his Cardiac Alpha slotted so he might be easier to play now. After that, Kat and Jack sat down so Jack could tell her what was on his mind. There’s a sort of weird feeling that I can’t quite articulate when it comes to those two. I get the feeling that Jack would do near anything for Kat. They’re just friends, and Jack wants things to work with Jenna (which is partly why he’s in counseling), but Kat’s very special to him.
Kat’s player is damned good at coming up with exercises or ‘assignments’ for her patients. After the ones she gave Jack, my brain suddenly kicked in and came up with a couple things Jack could do to ‘freshen’ him up as a character. I’ll percolate those for a bit and start outlining them. Anyway, they didn’t make a whole lot of progress before the hour was up. Jack pulled Jenna aside and explained to her that he was trying to work on himself and find out what will make him happy. Jenna seemed relieved, but I’m still worried about them. Guess we’ll see.
FINALLY, Red was ready for us. He was bringing out Raider, who I actually like quite a bit, to do something. What, exactly? You’d have to ask Red. I know there was a tip mish involved, with the Imperial Defense Force attacking a Vanguard base or something. He showed up late, and there was some confusion as to how Jack, Jenna, and Techno were going to encounter Raider. Finally it got underway, and after a brief scuffle, Raider said he needed their help to do….something-or-other. Still not clear. Jack’s starting to get very tired of Raider. He’d already busted him twice. And taken his gauntlets, but I guess that got retconned. But at least I got the Ectoplasmic badge. :D
Anyway we got in the mish, and just slogged through it, face-planting left and right. Raider naturally got all rude and pissy about their performance, so Jack got ruder and pissier about his attitude. In retrospect, I’m not sure why Raider would’ve cared about the base anyway. I guess that he mentioned the attack to mollify Jack and Jenna and get them to let him go? *shrugs* I realized afterward that, unless I’d missed something, Raider wasn’t actually doing anything that he could be arrested for. He was beating up some Family, but I can’t imagine Jack getting those charges to stick. Ah, well. We finally prevailed and Raider slipped away, making Jack, Jenna, and Techno look stupid. Hey, at least it was over. Jack got back to base where he encountered Andro and BB, two people he really should avoid. They get on his nerves, BB especially.
Those two in particular always seem to catch Jack when he’s in a bad mood. I wish I could think of some way for Jack to like/trust them, but it’s not happening. I think their players enjoy the verbal sparring anyway. Jack’s just not going to get past that Simmons put them there, and that it HAS to be for some devious, diabolical reason. I thought Jack made a good point. With the kind of pull he has, Simmons could’ve put them in near any hero org, or even in the main Vanguard branch itself. So why VKD in particular? Jack originally figured they were after Hank, but he hasn’t seen any evidence of that. Yet.
They seemed interested in what had put Jack in such a foul mood, and hoping to shut them up, Jack told them. Andromeda started to get very demanding, insisting that Jack give him all the information he had on Raider. However, since Jack remembered to take his balls with him when he left Havens, he told Andromeda that he wasn’t getting squat until Andromeda told him why he was interested. Then Andromeda revealed that Raider was his brother.
Jack mulled it over, and pulled out his tablet PC. (He’s had it a while, picture a souped-up iPad. On steroids. Catgirl tried to take credit for it, but it predates her. I gave it to him when he got the Mission Engineer accolade.) He set up a login for Andro and BB, giving them access to that info only, but he told them that he was to be informed beforehand of any conclusions they might draw, or plans they might make in relation to Raider. He said he was making it an order, so if they defied it, he could expel both of them from VKD for insubordination. Yeah, Jack was being a little dickish about it, but he’d had a shitty day, and decided to take it out on them. However, he wasn’t super-unreasonable IMO. He did agree with them, in that since he was stuck with them, he might as well get some use out of them. He’ll think of how to do that soon.
Anyway, that’s it for Tuesday’s recap. However, I do want to get this in there….Petite, you both rock AND rule!
/egoboost
No comments:
Post a Comment