Saturday night’s all right for fighting! Mel organized and ran the Apex TF near continuously that evening, and I got THREE of them done. It’s a pretty quick TF, the last mish IMO is the hardest. Stupid blue circles of death…
First came Priest. He rocked it out pretty well, but I felt kind of clumsy and inadequate compared to everyone else. Petite had red P (aka Mistress Petite) out, her only 50. She’s not Alpha slotted yet, but despite what SOME PEOPLE would like to think (more on that later), it’s not a deal-breaker if you have a good team. Priest got enough shards to craft and slot his uncommon Cardiac Alpha, which should help his end-hoggery considerably. At least with level 50 content, anyway.
Petite took a break, and I trotted out scrapper Lue for run #2. That was a fun little run, but dammit…why the hell did I roll a spines/regen scrapper?? His survivability is super sweet, but spines damage feels sooo anemic to me. *sigh* Oh, well, he contributed as best he could, and no one screamed at him, so maybe I’m judging my own performance too harshly.
Then, the last run. I wanted to bring Mindlord, but I realized that’d make 3 people on the team without their Alpha slotted, and ML wouldn’t hit crap on mobs 8 levels higher than him. P rejoined us and I grabbed Priest again. I should’ve snagged Tommy, but oh well. This was a hard run, and Trevor started bitching about people running this mission without their Alpha. I’m really trying to look for ways he’s not a total douchebag, but I’m coming up empty thus far. Dude, just chill the hell out. He’d died like TWICE when he started whining? Really? Myself, I’d have ignored him, but I didn’t want him discouraging Petite’s player. In any case, it didn’t matter. We got it done! Yay, us!
Everyone disbanded after that, and I opted to check in on Scarlet. I need to pull him out of Kingmen. He’s got an interesting story, but there’s no one to play with there. We don’t even use the base. In terms of the TI peeps, they have waaaay too many SG concepts for the playerbase they have to fill them.
Anyway, Scarlet went to Cimerora looking for an ITF. We only got 5 members, and it was starting to look like it wasn’t going to happen. Then a light broke over the horizon. And I witnessed something that was both pathetic as hell….and the pinnacle of awesome. We were greeted by TheQueen.
Dual boxing is when one person has 2 instances of the client running on the same computer. With 2 accounts, it essentially allows the person to play 2 people at once. TheQueen wasn’t dual boxing.
They were TRIPLE BOXING.
With 3 level 50+1 fire/rad corruptors.
Cons: You need 3 accounts, l33t alt-tabbing skills, and you’re paying near $50 a month for the privledge of people thinking you’re the world’s biggest dork. Not to mention you’ll need a SERIOUS rig to triple-box with any kind of speed. My computer would explode into a million shards of superheated silicon and plastic if I even posed the SUGGESTION.
Pros: Holy fucking shit. 3xAM was jaw dropping. Three rez powers. DoT’s that would make a grown man cry. And /rad’s already an awesome powerset for debuff. Put it this way…it was as if someone had secretly replaced Romi with a model made of paper mache. Seriously, we shredded him.
Scarlet leveled and got Static Discharge which is nice enough. Needs more acc/recharge, though. The Roman pieces make his Loraan costume look EPIC.
No comments:
Post a Comment